[SOLVED] Can't Install Radeon Software??

Apr 2, 2020
I've been trying to download the Radeon Software for my CPU which is a Ryzen 3 2200G with Vega graphics so I can update those drivers for the chipset but every-time I try to install it just shows up Error 182 - AMD Installer cannot properly identify the AMD graphics hardware.

To be honest I'm stumped at this rate and really need help with this.

Solution
Try removing the GTX 1660 from your system and booting with a display connected to the on-board graphics output. Then try to perform the install.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
Couldn't help notice that there are three options in the last box. If you're not looking closely, you could easily pick the wrong one:
Sbo7tMw.jpg

There's the 3200G (not applicable unless your eyesight is as bad as mine)
The 2200G (the one you want)
and the 2200GE (which you cannot differentiate from this view).

Just want to make sure you're using the correct download.

Another question: Is there a discrete graphics card installed or just the AMD APU?

-Wolf sends

Apr 2, 2020
Couldn't help notice that there are three options in the last box. If you're not looking closely, you could easily pick the wrong one:
Sbo7tMw.jpg

There's the 3200G (not applicable unless your eyesight is as bad as mine)
The 2200G (the one you want)
and the 2200GE (which you cannot differentiate from this view).

Just want to make sure you're using the correct download.

Another question: Is there a discrete graphics card installed or just the AMD APU?

-Wolf sends
Yeah sadly enough I already tried and made sure it was the 2200G.

I'm currently using a GTX 1660 Super 6gb

Apr 2, 2020
Try removing the GTX 1660 from your system and booting with a display connected to the on-board graphics output. Then try to perform the install.

-Wolf sends
Sweet it worked but it seems it doesnt want to open when I have my graphics card installed, I've been trying to solve an issue with my pc where I get crashes in a few games without error messages (Games so far: Call of duty: world at war & Call of duty: Warzone)

Wolfshadw

Titan
Since you weren't able to install the drivers while the GTX 1660 was installed, I'm thinking that your system doesn't even detect it when it's disabled (installing a discrete card usually disables the on-board).

What motherboard are you using? There may be a setting in BIOS that allows you to re-enable the on-board graphics while a discrete card is installed.

-Wolf sends

Apr 2, 2020
Since you weren't able to install the drivers while the GTX 1660 was installed, I'm thinking that your system doesn't even detect it when it's disabled (installing a discrete card usually disables the on-board).

What motherboard are you using? There may be a setting in BIOS that allows you to re-enable the on-board graphics while a discrete card is installed.

-Wolf sends
It's a MSI A320M PRO-M2 V2 (MS-7B84)

Apr 2, 2020
Unfortunately, your motherboard manual does not go into detail of its BIOS. Check the Advanced section to see if there is anything about IGX or PEG; something like that.

-Wolf sends
Yeah I did find it then switched it to force and when i started to play a game it was using only my IGX instead of my graphics card.