Can't install W10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2018
Hi! First of all, I don't speak English, but I will try my best to write it understandable, I'm not a big fan of google translate, so I don't want to copy/paste the whole thing.

I have been trying to install W10 on a friend's PC, many times in a week, without success... 2 days ago I asked for help to someone that knows more than me (my uncle), without success, again...
So the problem isn't me, at least I'm sure about that.

His old W8.1 was full of crap so he wanted to reinstall or change to W10, after he saw W10 on my PC he loved it, so reinstall W8.1 wasn't an option now.

First we get this (0XC1900101 – 0x20017 installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during Boot operation.) while installing inside W8.1, so we decided to do a clean install.

We've tried to boot with 4 usb and a DVD (used Rufus and Yumi to make the USB bootable), changed everything on the BIOS related to boot options, including legacy, uefi, boot secure, etc etc.
The DVD freezes on logo (waited like 5 minutes and nothing), 3 usb doesn't even boot, it just load W8.1, and the last usb has W7 on it.

We almost did it once after install a clean W8.1 to go back to W7 (we couldn't install W7 because HDD partition format, but we could from inside W8.1-ish), then try to install W10 from W7, that didn't work so we installed W8.1 and again tried to install W10 (DVD) from there without success (I know, a complete mess, but we were tired of this crap so we just tried different ways)

I also tried to remove the HDD and install it from my PC (different specs, not even the same mobo), but we all here know that doesn't really work, W10 installed without problem but didn't boot on my friend's PC, so HDD is working good.

I updated the BIOS praying for the solution, but still the same.

We worked like 20h and now we are completely stuck :) ... And a clean W8.1 works just fine, he wants W10 tho, so I'm not giving up.

PC specs:
i5-4440 stock
Gigabyte B85M-D3V (2.1) and BIOS FM 2015/08/21
Nvidia GTX 750 Ti
Ram HyperX 8GB
WD 1TB

If there's something you want to know or something that I forget to write here, just tell me.

Hope you guys can help us, we will appreciate it :D

I'm having nightmares with this, help me pls :'D

Max_C

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2005
I know I'm really late to the game, but I just experienced this exact issue and nothing I found online helped me get past the problem. It turned out, every computer I was having problems upgrading had encrypted hard drives. After I decrypted each drive, I was able to upgrade to Win10 with no problems.

Hope this helps someone.

Reactions: Colif
Status
Not open for further replies.