Jun 13, 2016
My PC:

Edition Windows 10 Home

Version 22H2

Installed on ‎27-‎08-‎2023

OS build 19045.4598

Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19060.1000.0

____

I can't open the Games Bar by pressing Windows+G but I CAN open it manually from the Start Menu. I've tried force-stopping, restarting, resetting and opening the diagnostic tool for the Games Bar. It did not work. I've tried doing these two too:

Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command "& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage *Microsoft.XboxGamingOverlay*).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}"

That didn't help either. How to make Games Bar work again?

Lutfij

Titan
If the app is accessible via Start Menu, perhaps see if the settings in the app have changed. Follow the steps outlined here;
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...2fbf-2ce3-5fbe-e959be352277#ID0EBD=Windows_10

Did the issue crop up after an update? If so, try and perform a system restore and see if the issue is alleviated. Just an FYI, if tinkering under the hood of the OS didn't help, you should try and make sure you've backed up all mission critical info off the OS install drive.

kanishknishar

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2016
If the app is accessible via Start Menu, perhaps see if the settings in the app have changed. Follow the steps outlined here;
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...2fbf-2ce3-5fbe-e959be352277#ID0EBD=Windows_10

Did the issue crop up after an update? If so, try and perform a system restore and see if the issue is alleviated. Just an FYI, if tinkering under the hood of the OS didn't help, you should try and make sure you've backed up all mission critical info off the OS install drive.
Not related to an update, no. I checked the settings as shown in the article; the option was turned off (for some reason.) I turned it back on. Still no luck with Win+G.