[SOLVED] Cant pin point cause of crashes

Sep 8, 2019
Hi everyone i am new here.
So, before i did my most recent upgrade i was having a problem where after gaming for a little while the computer screen would turn a solid color, buzz, blackout then restart. I changed my Mobo, Processor, PSU, and even added an SSD all in one go, i basically built nearly an entirely new PC just used the same case and GPU, everything seemed great until after about a little less than 3 hours of playing 'Mordhau' i got a similar but not the same crash, black screen, buzz but no restart. it sounds like a GPU error but my GPU (an RX560 4gb) is no more than a year old, device manager tells me its working properly, it doesnt get too hot and i dont notice any irregularities in rendering in any of the games. ive got all my drivers up to date. im at a little bit of a loss here. I had a-xmp or whatever that is called enabled to run my 16 gb of RAM at 2400mhz which is what both cards are, not sure if that can cause that kindof crash. lastly my CPU while it doesnt run at "ideal" temperatures i havent had it go over 85 and it usually hovers at 45 while under gaming load. Also did an sfc scannow and found no errors. any advice you guys can offer me?

Specs: Ryzen 5 2600x. MSI B450 micro "gaming". XFX RX560 4gb, a 250 gb SSD and a 1TB HDD for storage. and a 700W PSU.

Sep 8, 2019
Reinstall Windows.
It's practically a must once you've changed the motherboard.

That could explain why i keep getting that damn "activate windows prompt" the only issue is that i no longer have my windows key, is there a way i can find it in my system? I think i remember having to do it once but no recollection as to how i got it.

Sep 8, 2019
No, you won't find it in your system.
Contact Microsoft and let them know you changed motherboards. They may be able to reactivate it on their end.
Ah yes, call on hold hell. Ill leave my thread unsolved until we get all of this settled and i can see if it fixes the issue