Question Can't press F2 to set time and date on my Toshiba laptop after cmos reset

May 3, 2024
Hello
I have a Toshiba laptop i did reset the CMOS battery when i reboot it said that i have to press F2 to set time and date
the problem is that i've poured mistakenly coffee on my keyboard and buttons like F2 F1 F10 ESC are not working anymore i tried external usb keyboard and it is not working as well even it light up
Is there any way to bypass this problem

35below0

Notable
Jan 3, 2024
Hello
I have a Toshiba laptop i did reset the CMOS battery when i reboot it said that i have to press F2 to set time and date
the problem is that i've poured mistakenly coffee on my keyboard and buttons like F2 F1 F10 ESC are not working anymore i tried external usb keyboard and it is not working as well even it light up
Is there any way to bypass this problem
Are you using Windows? You can restart Windows so that it boots directly into UEFI/BIOS. No need to press any keys.
This option may not exist for all computers, or the exact way to reastart into UEFI/BIOS is a little bit different.

May 3, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Toshiba have a number of laptops in their product portfolio, which one do you have? An SKU would help us two fold. You should look into a replacement keyboard instead of other methods, IMHO.
I have a toshiba satellite pro r-50 b 119

May 3, 2024
Are you using Windows? You can restart Windows so that it boots directly into UEFI/BIOS. No need to press any keys.
This option may not exist for all computers, or the exact way to reastart into UEFI/BIOS is a little bit different.
I hope i could do but i can't reach windows
i press the power button toshiba logo shows up the a message saying to pres f2 to set time and date