[SOLVED] Can't properly install Windows 10 on brand new laptop

Dec 16, 2021
Hello,

I've bought brand new laptop (ASUS TUF FX516PM HN002 model) which has been delivered without OS. I wanted to install Windows 10 on it from my USB i created some time ago and used it on about 10 different computers in the past and the installation process was always issue-free. At first i wasn't successful at that, because the Windows installation didn't detect the NVMe SSD in the laptop, which i've solved by dowloading NVMe drivers from intel site (Drivers link). That seemingly solved the problem, since the SSD was visible for installation afterwards, so i've finished the process. When the laptop was done, it tried to boot up but it gave me the 0xc0000098 error. Tried creating recovery drive on my other system, but when i run the recovery drive, select troubleshoot/startup repair option, the troubleshooting only runs for few seconds then stops and says the repair cannot be executed without stating a reason. I'm running out of ideas on what to do with this thing, would appreciate any pointers on how to install the OS successfuly.

The laptop specs:
CPU: i7-11370h
SSD: Samsung PM991a M.2 512 GB PCI Express 3.0 TLC NVMe (MZVLQ512HBLU-00B00)
GPU: RTX 3060 6GB
RAM: 8 GB DDR4, no idea about exact model

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Solution
One of two things I would mention.

(1) try the W10 install with the absolute newest zero hour download of 10 direct off MS site. I ran into a bevy of issues with my 11th gen Intel because of a 'just few months' old installer

(2) Right on the top of the support page for your laptop it states "ASUS recommends Windows 11 Pro for business". It won't let me look into the drivers without the model and BIOS info, but would be willing to bet you need to install 11 on this particular machine.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador

(1) try the W10 install with the absolute newest zero hour download of 10 direct off MS site. I ran into a bevy of issues with my 11th gen Intel because of a 'just few months' old installer

(2) Right on the top of the support page for your laptop it states "ASUS recommends Windows 11 Pro for business". It won't let me look into the drivers without the model and BIOS info, but would be willing to bet you need to install 11 on this particular machine.

Solution
Dec 16, 2021

Hello, sorry for the late response. I've tried creating new installation file with newest windows 10 version and everything worked ok. Didn't try the Windows 11 route, but i can assume it would've worked as well. Thanks for your help.

TRENDING THREADS