Cant Run Exe from Cd Rom

I cant run an .exe file from the cdrom.
The exe extension appears as a checkbox.
I have changed disks and still the same thing occurs.
I can however run an exe off the cdrom in dos.

Anyone have any ideas ?

Is this a Windows executable?

If so, two things:

It can't find all the .DLL's etc. necessary to run
when launched in this manner.

Many Windows executables don't like to be read-only, which they
will be when run off a CD-ROM.

"Niki" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I cant run an .exe file from the cdrom.
> The exe extension appears as a checkbox.
> I have changed disks and still the same thing occurs.
> I can however run an exe off the cdrom in dos.
>
> Anyone have any ideas ?

This executable will run on all other PC's except this one.
It cannot execute exe's from the cd rom. The extension is
somewhat corrupt. It looks like this for
example..program.e?e, and only on this pc.

Try a different CD-ROM drive in this machine.

> This executable will run on all other PC's except this one.
> It cannot execute exe's from the cd rom. The extension is
> somewhat corrupt. It looks like this for
> example..program.e?e, and only on this pc.

He did try it in a different machine. His association for .exe file type
sounds like it is missing. He needs to reregister that file type. Try
this link:

http://filext.com/faq/article.php?id=016

Also, make sure it is really a .exe file. Click Start-Control
Panel-Folder Options-View-Uncheck hide file extensions for known file types.

Nathan McNulty

"Nathan McNulty" <525676@betaweb.com> wrote in message
> He did try it in a different machine. His association for .exe file type
> sounds like it is missing. He needs to reregister that file type. Try
> this link:

If that was true, no exe's at all would run.

Re-read my post.

Try a different CD-ROM IN THE SAME MACHINE.

The drive itself may have failed, a very common occurence
with the cheesy optical drives manufacured today.