[SOLVED] Can't run ram speed to advertised speed

Nov 11, 2019
I have an asrock ab350 fatality k4 gaming mobo with the corsair vengeance LPX 8gb ddr4-3000mhz 2x4gb. I wanted to run to the advertised speed so i went in bios and tryed the xmp 2.0 profile 1 then saved. The pc was boot looping and after 3-6 times it started up and when i go to cpu-z it is still the same speed as before (2133). I did update the bios from the manufacturer's site to the latest version which is 6.00.
I want help to make it go as the advertised speed 2933 but i dont know how to do it. If someone could help i would really appreciate it.

I applyed the xmp 2.0 profile 1 multiple times but the same thing happened as above.
Cpu: ryzen 5 1600x

Last edited:
Solution
hi, 350 boards combined with ryzen gen1 were really picky with ram support

what u can do is enable xmp and reduce frequency
start with 2400mhz, if it boots, rise it slightly in 66/133mhz increments, until u find your highest ram clock for xmp timings
to go above it, u will need to fine tune your own timings

also ram placed in A2+B2 slots?
hi, 350 boards combined with ryzen gen1 were really picky with ram support

what u can do is enable xmp and reduce frequency
start with 2400mhz, if it boots, rise it slightly in 66/133mhz increments, until u find your highest ram clock for xmp timings
to go above it, u will need to fine tune your own timings

also ram placed in A2+B2 slots?

Solution
Ryzen 5 1600X - AMD - WikiChip
See Memory Configurations table for officially supported speeds.

Ryzen 2000 Series featured an improved memory controller than allowed the next higher up memory speeds to be supported.
well i have 1600x on x370 mobo and can run fine 3400MHz with dual ranked rams, according to that "wiki" i should run it at 2400mhz
that was somewhat when it got released, further agesa updates did improve speeds/compatiibility (i started with 2933mhz max when it was shiny new)