[SOLVED] Can't run windows 10 on brand new pc

Dec 20, 2020
So I just bought many new components to build a new computer and everything arrived except my gpu. I decided to bottleneck my build by using my old gpu and still use my computer. I've got as cpu an amd ryzen 7 5800x as the motherboard B550 aorus elite v2 and 750W for power supply from corsair. (I don't know what the my gpu is but I guess it's a 1050 or 1060)

So I downloaded to a usb flash drive and checked if it was an usb stick that I could use to install windows, it was. I tried to use all the different ways to download a clean windows on the flash drive. I then tried to install it on my computer but it just froze on the windows logo (without dots) and I couldn't do anything about it. I searched online for 2 days and tried to change things in bios, to download windows differently and so on.

I then tried to install linux with ubuntu and it worked ! I could have linux but there was one last problem... Linux couldn't detect my 2.5gb/s ethernet port. I couldn't connect to the internet so it was useless, I couldn't download windows from there, I couldn't use it as a computer and I couldn't update my bios (to update my bios I need an app on windows so I can't do it without windows or without internet.

I don't really know what is the problem but I'm guessing that my motherboard or its bios that are messed up. I tried to contact the support for my motherboard but they still haven't answered and I think they won't.

If someone could help me it would save me !

Thank you in advance

Lucas Schaffner

Solution
if he looks at page 10-11 it shows which USB slot to put the BIOS update in and his has a button he presses to run it -
Q-Flash Plus allows you to update the BIOS when your system is off (S5 shutdown state). Save the latest BIOS on a USB thumb drive and plug it into the Q-Flash Plus port, and then you can now flash the BIOS automatically by simply pressing the Q-Flash Plus button. The QFLED will flash when the BIOS matching and flashing activities start and will stop flashing when the BIOS flashing is complete.

https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_b550-aorus-elite-ax-v2_e.pdf

I had to do same to update my bios for the 3600xt before i installed it.
Dec 20, 2020
full system spec? include make and model of the psu

update the motherboard bios?

CPU: AMD ryzen 7 5800x
GPU: unknown (is it important ? I will research if it is)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 aorus elite v2
CPU cooler: Be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX (2x, 8Go, DDR4-3600, DIMM 288)
SSD; Kingston A2000 1To
Hard drive: SEAGATE Barracuda 4 To HDD serial ATA lll
Alimentation : Corsair alimentation CX750M

Yes, on some forum they said it could fix the problem to update the bios of my motherboard, but I need an app on windows to do it, so this is not a solution for me :/

Colif

Win 11 Master
if he looks at page 10-11 it shows which USB slot to put the BIOS update in and his has a button he presses to run it -
Q-Flash Plus allows you to update the BIOS when your system is off (S5 shutdown state). Save the latest BIOS on a USB thumb drive and plug it into the Q-Flash Plus port, and then you can now flash the BIOS automatically by simply pressing the Q-Flash Plus button. The QFLED will flash when the BIOS matching and flashing activities start and will stop flashing when the BIOS flashing is complete.

https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_b550-aorus-elite-ax-v2_e.pdf

I had to do same to update my bios for the 3600xt before i installed it.

Solution
CPU: AMD ryzen 7 5800x
GPU: unknown (is it important ? I will research if it is)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 aorus elite v2
CPU cooler: Be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX (2x, 8Go, DDR4-3600, DIMM 288)
SSD; Kingston A2000 1To
Hard drive: SEAGATE Barracuda 4 To HDD serial ATA lll
Alimentation : Corsair alimentation CX750M

Yes, on some forum they said it could fix the problem to update the bios of my motherboard, but I need an app on windows to do it, so this is not a solution for me :/

You said the system froze with dots on the screen, was this unknown GPU bought used or new? Was it working before you stuck it in the system if it was used? I would think that when someone gets parts for a system the video card should be known unless you had it around before or someone gave it to you.

Colif

Win 11 Master
it sounds like he had GPU from his previous system
So I just bought many new components to build a new computer and everything arrived except my gpu. I decided to bottleneck my build by using my old gpu and still use my computer.
He just doesn't know what it is exactly.
(I don't know what the my gpu is but I guess it's a 1050 or 1060)

Dec 20, 2020