Can't start pc

jimmy_35

Commendable
Apr 14, 2016
I recently got adware on my computer, and tried antivirus software to remove it. When that failed, I reset my PC to factory settings, later on, as it was reseting, a relative of mine unplugged it. I booted it up, and was presented with a screen with the option to continue to windows 10, reset again or another option I can't remember, I assumed the rest worked, and chose to continue to Windows 10, now it is stuck in an infinite loop of starting, loading turning off and restarting how would I get past this, please explain like I'm 5, not to good with computers

Solution
Unfortunately turning off a PC or otherwise losing power during such critical times can cause file corruption.

Do you see any error codes or messages on the screen?

Do you have a recovery disk? If so try that. Or maybe a USB stick for the same purpose.

You can try booting into safe mode but I would not be too optimistic about that. You get into safe mode by continually pressing F2, F10, or some other manufacturer designated key while turning the power on. Only the basic operational software will load but that may provide enough access to start fixing things.

Ralston18

Titan
Unfortunately turning off a PC or otherwise losing power during such critical times can cause file corruption.

Do you see any error codes or messages on the screen?

Do you have a recovery disk? If so try that. Or maybe a USB stick for the same purpose.

You can try booting into safe mode but I would not be too optimistic about that. You get into safe mode by continually pressing F2, F10, or some other manufacturer designated key while turning the power on. Only the basic operational software will load but that may provide enough access to start fixing things.

Solution