Question Can't stream games with dual monitors ?

Nick C.

Reputable
Sep 12, 2019
Hello everybody,

first of all i just want to say i have been here numerous times and you guys always helped me so i hope this time i can get some help too.

I recently added my old monitor back to my setup, my main monitor is LG 27GP850-B which is 2k @ 144 Hz and my second monitor is Asus VX239H 1080p @ 60 Hz.

So i have been sharing games to my friends for ages, even now when i have 2 monitors i have been doing it, and recently my friends have been telling me they can't see my screen share or it just lags a lot.
Only reason i can see behind that is that even in fullscreen when i set ingame i still can move my mouse to other monitor? Which i guess means application is not fullscreen? I have noticed that both in Forza Horizon 5 and Red Dead Redemption 2.
Both games even though they are set to FULLSCREEN i can still move my mouse to my other monitor without minimizing. Can anybody help me or tell me why does this happen? Or how can i limit application to one screen without turning off the second monitor i guess?
I have been screen sharing on Discord by the way. I really don't understand and it frustrates me a lot, also it's not the case with everygame, Valorant, Spiderman 2018 and few others worked just fine, but some games don't, so it got me really confused.

Thanks in advance as always!

Sheenize

Ralston18

Titan
What screen configuration (PROJECT) are you using?

Use "WIN" + "P" to check. (Press and hold down the Windows key then the "P" key.)

There should be four options:

PC screen only
Duplicate
Extend
Second screen only

If the mouse is moving between screens then the configuration is Extend.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
I think there's some confusion about screen settings as pertains to games.

I run a game on 1 monitor and discord/web on my second monitor. If I set the game to Fullscreen, it'll use OpenGL or Vulcan or other API. It's pure Fullscreen, so the mouse cursor is locked to that screen only, will Not travel to the other screen without alt-tab.

But, Windows also has a Fullscreen version, often Windowed-Fullscreen, which uses DirectX. If the game is set or allows to be set for that, when you edge the mouse, it Will travel, going from Game cursor to Windows cursor on the second monitor.

Discord often requires Windowed Fullscreen for audio purposes, so that speech/audio are also migrated, and will work simultaneously with the game audio. If using Fullscreen, you get only the game audio until you tab out, then can use Discord speech/audio.

There are visual differences between API's. Some ppl do prefer OpenGL, some prefer the DX, but Discord may require use of one over the other. The setting will be found in-game video or display settings.

Some games don't have a Windowed-Fullscreen, only having a Windowed mode, which is basically the same, you'll just need to stretch the window to fit the screen.

Nick C.

Reputable
Sep 12, 2019
I mean i understand but that doesn't help much, cause for some reason, i can move my mouse around and it lags when i screenshare to others, but i dont understand why it doesn't prioritize the full screen over dual monitors. I tried almost everything, it just happens for some reason? And even though i set games to fullscreen so i can screen share, i can move my mouse and screen share doesnt work.

Nick C.

Reputable
Sep 12, 2019
Okay so i tried Spiderman Remastered, and it works fine, and my friends can see the game clearly and without lag, but that game has fullscreen exclusive, how can i fix this in games that don't have fullscreen exclusive?

Nick C.

Reputable
Sep 12, 2019
Yeah but the same happens when it's windowed or fullscreen, to be honest, my friend told me yasterday that i screen shared him Sea of Thieves a week ago, and then it clicked, i installed a new GPU driver, can something like that cause these problems?

Nick C.

Reputable
Sep 12, 2019
Okay so i have tried installing the older driver, still nothing. I do know that a week ago or so, streaming was possible, i am really not sure what can be causing this. Maybe it's steam? I've noticed it mostly with steam games, but i don't know if there are any options there to fix it?

TRENDING THREADS