[SOLVED] Can't tell if my 1650 is completely faulty or if it's my PC, but now I can't test because suddenly my pc stopped booting and the cpu led is on ?

Jun 23, 2021
The whole story starts just about a week or two ago. I was gaming (as one does) and accidentally kicked my pc under my desk, which made it shut off, which the same thing happened when I had overheating problems, but when I turned it back on, it was fine. I got to my desktop and decided to fiddle around with the box. I tapped on the side of it and it shut off again. But this time when I turned it back on, no signal. I went downstairs and connected it to the tv but to no avail, the same no signal was appearing. After I home later that day I thought, "what if I took out my cpu and put it back in?" And it worked.

A few days later the same thing happened, I pushed my chair back in the desk and it hit my pc. It shut off and the no signal thing happened again when I turned it back on. I did the same thing as last time and it worked once again. The next day, I got home and for some unknown reason, it was not showing a signal. I removed the cpu and put it back in but this time, it was different. This time, it didn't fix the problem.

After a day or so of investigation, I found that the fans on my 1650 weren't spinning when I turned on my pc, though luckily, my cpu is a 5600g, so I plugged my pc into the motherboard hdmi outlet. It worked from there on. I concluded that my 1650 was faulty and I just used my 5600g from visuals. I had no other gpu, the 1650 was the only one I owned (important detail). The problem was, the graphical fidelity of my 5600g is akin to that if a potato. I LITERALLY had to set Shadow Of War at the lowest settings imaginable just for 40fps. This quickly became an issue. I scoured the internet for possible reasons as to why my 1650 wasn't working, and from that new knowledge, I made it worse for myself. I tried installing the latest drivers for my gpu and after it didn't work, I never plugged my gpu back into my pc and used my cpu's integrated graphics from there.

I tried cleaning out the gpu slots, I tried one stick of ram, which wasn't really possible because I only had one stick of ram to begin with (the other one broke while I was on vacation somehow), and I tried rebooting windows in safe mode. The funny thing about that last thing I did was that it made my situation worse. I pressed the keys to go to safe mode and the motherboard logo flashed up on my screen with the loading scroll thing but when windows was supposed to show up, it said "no signal".

I tried restarting my pc but the same thing kept happening. I tried restarting my pc after having removed the cmos and unplugging everything for a while but this time, there was no bios screen, it was just no signal. (I forgot to mention that from the point that I connected the hdmi to the motherboard slot, the gpu was not used at all and is currently sitting atop my dresser).

I looked inside my pc and saw the cpu ez debug light on. I now don't know if my broken (which it probably is, which sucks because it has a 3 year warranty and I can't find the recite and I'm not sure if the manufacturer needs it for a replacement, and my cpu isn't working all of a sudden so there is no way to test it without going to a shop. I haven't tried reinstalling my cpu again yet, so I'll update this when I do and tell y'all if it works but the main thing I wan't to get out of this is if my gpu is broken or not and how can I fix it. Sorry for writing like it's my final essay for an english major but I hope you at least enjoyed reading it.

Here are my specs:
Ryzen 5 5600g cpu
T-Force VulcanZ RAM 8gb x 1
MSI Gaming Plus Max 470x Motherboard
GTX 1650 4gb VRAM gpu
WD Blue 500gb SSD
(Does box matter?) Medium tower (very very cheap box, got it for like $40 usd)
600 WATT black power supply (forgot the brand but I know its really good)
I should also mention that my gpu gets power directly from the motherboard, it is an on board gpu. There isn't any outlets to plug the psu into

Last edited:
Initially, it sounds like the GPU dis-lodged itself from the PCI-E slot. Make sure it is properly seated in the slot.
Also, perhaps a loose screw is causing a short on the motherboard ? So, check if anything is loose.
Check all connections are properly seated. Fans, power cables, gpu cable etc
Check SSD sata and power cable.

The whole story starts just about a week or two ago. I was gaming (as one does) and accidentally kicked my pc under my desk, which made it shut off, which the same thing happened when I had overheating problems, but when I turned it back on, it was fine. I got to my desktop and decided to fiddle around with the box. I tapped on the side of it and it shut off again. But this time when I turned it back on, no signal. I went downstairs and connected it to the tv but to no avail, the same no signal was appearing. After I home later that day I thought, "what if I took out my cpu and put it back in?" And it worked.

A few days later the same thing happened, I pushed my chair back in the desk and it hit my pc. It shut off and the no signal thing happened again when I turned it back on. I did the same thing as last time and it worked once again. The next day, I got home and for some unknown reason, it was not showing a signal. I removed the cpu and put it back in but this time, it was different. This time, it didn't fix the problem.

After a day or so of investigation, I found that the fans on my 1650 weren't spinning when I turned on my pc, though luckily, my cpu is a 5600g, so I plugged my pc into the motherboard hdmi outlet. It worked from there on. I concluded that my 1650 was faulty and I just used my 5600g from visuals. I had no other gpu, the 1650 was the only one I owned (important detail). The problem was, the graphical fidelity of my 5600g is akin to that if a potato. I LITERALLY had to set Shadow Of War at the lowest settings imaginable just for 40fps. This quickly became an issue. I scoured the internet for possible reasons as to why my 1650 wasn't working, and from that new knowledge, I made it worse for myself. I tried installing the latest drivers for my gpu and after it didn't work, I never plugged my gpu back into my pc and used my cpu's integrated graphics from there.

I tried cleaning out the gpu slots, I tried one stick of ram, which wasn't really possible because I only had one stick of ram to begin with (the other one broke while I was on vacation somehow), and I tried rebooting windows in safe mode. The funny thing about that last thing I did was that it made my situation worse. I pressed the keys to go to safe mode and the motherboard logo flashed up on my screen with the loading scroll thing but when windows was supposed to show up, it said "no signal".

I tried restarting my pc but the same thing kept happening. I tried restarting my pc after having removed the cmos and unplugging everything for a while but this time, there was no bios screen, it was just no signal. (I forgot to mention that from the point that I connected the hdmi to the motherboard slot, the gpu was not used at all and is currently sitting atop my dresser).

I looked inside my pc and saw the cpu ez debug light on. I now don't know if my broken (which it probably is, which sucks because it has a 3 year warranty and I can't find the recite and I'm not sure if the manufacturer needs it for a replacement, and my cpu isn't working all of a sudden so there is no way to test it without going to a shop. I haven't tried reinstalling my cpu again yet, so I'll update this when I do and tell y'all if it works but the main thing I wan't to get out of this is if my gpu is broken or not and how can I fix it. Sorry for writing like it's my final essay for an english major but I hope you at least enjoyed reading it.

Here are my specs:
Ryzen 5 5600g cpu
T-Force VulcanZ RAM 8gb x 1
MSI Gaming Plus Max 470x Motherboard
GTX 1650 4gb VRAM gpu
WD Blue 500gb SSD
(Does box matter?) Medium tower (very very cheap box, got it for like $40 usd)
600 WATT black power supply (forgot the brand but I know its really good)
I should also mention that my gpu gets power directly from the motherboard, it is an on board gpu. There isn't any outlets to plug the psu into
Boot the pc and let it sit at the desktop or just powered on.

Go inside the tower and start wiggling and tapping stuff.

See if it shuts off.

Jun 23, 2021
I think I know whats wrong with my cpu
the bios aren't updated for the motherboard because I removed the cmos and reset the bios using the button on my motherboard
I also think my gpu is just faulty. I will be taking my pc into a shop within the week and hopefully it isn't but I think it's rather unlikely that the gpu is actually not faulty.

Jun 23, 2021
The problem has been solved
I went to a shop yesterday and it turns out that I had not only a faulty graphics card, but I also had faulty ram