[SOLVED] Can't uninstall a Windows 10 Update

TheWandererW

Prominent
Mar 30, 2021
Hi everyone,

Since last Windows update in March 2021, some people encountered Blue screen while printing. To resolve that here we, of course, just need to remove the last update.
Unfortunately for some people, I couldn't remove the Windows update for them. The problem is the following : When I right-click or double click on the Windows update nothing happen.. I don't have access to the option to uninstall it... I double check with the person and she's for sure admin on her computer, no one else is involved in the computer security or management..

I also try to remove it with the command in the cmd but didn't help either...

Other weird thing, it happens on two computers on the three she has...

Please let me know if you know what to do about it. :)

Thank you in advance.

Laurent

Solution
Well the issue is caused by Microsoft itself, on our side we can't do anything until they fix it with a new Patch/update. So for now we just remove the concerned update and pause update for several days or week if necessary.

you mean this one?
Highlights
Updates an issue that fails to print the graphical content in a document after installing the March 9, 2021 update.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-of-band-ebbe0617-3a63-467a-aaaa-2a4c68a6de33

Updated March 22, 2021
Microsoft identified an issue that affects Windows 10 devices which applied the March 2021 security update released March 9, 2021 and the out-of-band updates released...
D

Deleted member 14196

This isn’t the way to solve it because it’s just going to install itself again anyway so you should figure out what the problem is and fix that instead

TheWandererW

Prominent
Mar 30, 2021
Hi Mandark,

Thank you for you reply.

Well the issue is caused by Microsoft itself, on our side we can't do anything until they fix it with a new Patch/update. So for now we just remove the concerned update and pause update for several days or week if necessary.

It's the only way they have to still be able to use printers... :/

D

Deleted member 14196

I know people like to blame Microsoft but that may not be the cause of your issue at all it could just be a driver that’s not made by Microsoft

Colif

Win 11 Master

you mean this one?
Highlights
Updates an issue that fails to print the graphical content in a document after installing the March 9, 2021 update.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-of-band-ebbe0617-3a63-467a-aaaa-2a4c68a6de33

Updated March 22, 2021
Microsoft identified an issue that affects Windows 10 devices which applied the March 2021 security update released March 9, 2021 and the out-of-band updates released March 15, 2021, and a resolution has been expedited. Affected devices might receive unexpected results when printing from some apps or to some printers. Issues might include missing or solid color graphics, misalignment/formatting issues, or printing of blank pages/labels. An out-of-band optional update is now available on the Microsoft Update Catalog for all versions of Windows and on Windows Update for some versions.

We recommend you only install this update if you are affected by this issue. For more information, see the known issues section for your version of Windows 10 or see the links below:
  • Windows 10, version 20H2 and Windows Server, version 20H2 (KB5001649)
  • Windows 10, version 2004 and Windows Server, version 2004 (KB5001649)
  • Windows 10, version 1909 and Windows Server, version 1909 (KB5001648)
  • Windows 10, version 1809 and Windows Server 2019 (KB5001638)
  • Windows 10, version 1803 (KB5001634)
  • Windows 10, version 1607 and Windows Server 2016 (KB5001633)
  • Windows 10, version 1507 (KB5001631)
  • Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2 (KB5001640)
  • Windows Server 20012 (KB5001641)
  • Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 (KB5001639)
  • Windows Server 2008 SP2 (KB5001642)
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-health/windows-message-center

Solution
We had an issue with printing with the latest Security Update for Microsoft windows KB5000802. You would send a print to the printer and it would come out a blank sheet of paper. Luckily we use a windows update server and was able to block it there from going out to the computers.

MrSam_Derp_Man

Commendable
May 31, 2019
We had an issue with printing with the latest Security Update for Microsoft windows KB5000802. You would send a print to the printer and it would come out a blank sheet of paper. Luckily we use a windows update server and was able to block it there from going out to the computers.
Never heard of that relating this issue. are you positive this just didnt mess with the printer driver.
If you reinstall the printer driver will it print?

That was the only update that was installed, any computer that didnt have the update was fine. As soon as i removed it from the affected computers they started printing fine.

We have an older HP 510 42" plotter that got messed up by another update. Could no longer use the print server and had to locally install it on each computer to print to it.

Colif

Win 11 Master
MY PC can't see the printer in the next room, although mums PC can. I had a printer driver that was refusing to install and had broken windows update so I put windows update on pause for a few days, removed it the next day, error was gone but printer is messed up now.
Once 21H1 is out next month I might look into fixing it.

TRENDING THREADS