Question Can't uninstall conflicting USB game controller driver completely

Oct 30, 2021
I have an original DualShock 2 controller, i use an adapter to connect to the PC. But i don't have vibration until Windows detects it as X360 Controller, which miraculously only happened once even though i didn't change anything. Normally it detects it as PS3/PC Gamepad which i think that happens because i plugged a fake controller a couple of months ago and Windows installed corresponding drivers for it. The thing is i can't uninstall those drivers completely. When i remove the device from device manager it keeps coming back after plugging it again. I think if i can be able to delete those drivers, Windows will start to detect my controller as X360.

HDEJCMF.png

My problem is very similar to this, here's the text of that thread.
Ages ago I plugged a fake PS3 controller which installed a Plug-And-Play driver labeled as "PLAYSTATION(R)3Conteroller", yup, including the typo.

Now whenever I connect an original controller this fake driver takes it's place, making it impossible to work properly.

If I uninstall this driver in the "Device Manager" there's no "Delete" option and it will come back to life once I reconnect the controller. If I uninstall and manually delete the driver files (hidclass.sys, hidparse.sys and hidusb.sys) they will still return when the controller is connected again. In the Device Manager it shows up as "HID-compliant game controller".

• I've tried removing those three files (hidclass.sys, hidparse.sys, hidusb.sys) but it doesn't uninstall the driver, it just makes the controller completely not functional.

• I've tried to remove the drivers with Device Remover. I'm getting an error such as 0xe000023c.

zUNYyCe.png

• I've tried mapping my controller as virtual X360 controller, but since the source comes from being detected as PS3/PC Gamepad with those wrong drivers, i can't be able to get vibration.
• I've checked VID_2563 & PID_0523 drivers on web (also these VID&PID numbers change when it detects as X360 Controller), there is no such thing. My problem isn't about drivers here anyway, i did get the controller to work perfectly for once without installing anything. I think i need to uninstall some things here.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Oct 30, 2021
I can not believe this. All i had to do was pressing ANALOG button a couple of times/seconds... and i got XInput. Took me almost half a year to realize that.

Last edited: