Cantennt

Jim

Has anyone tries the Cantenna? Any personal reviews?

I have my office in my basement and a wireless computer on the second floor;
I have 5.5 gain antennas on both the router and the computers NIC but only
get 50 to 60% signal strength. I was wondering if I could do much better
with a Cantenna.

Jim

Jack

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003

Hi
Outdoor a Good Directional Antenna can do wonders, indoor Nah.

Using a better Antenna indoor usually results with gains of few feet; if you
have an obstruction that kills the Signal it will kill the augmented signal
as well.

Indoor you are much better off using multiple AP system and or a Repeater
solution.

Wireless Router as an AP: http://www.ezlan.net/router_AP.html

Wireless Bridging: http://www.ezlan.net/bridging.html

Jack (MVP-Networking).