[SOLVED] Capacitor fell off while removing gpu (But now i'm typing this question on the pc lol)

orika

Reputable
Sep 18, 2017
The motherboard capacitator(Asrock h61m s1 plus) which is this one https://ibb.co/QrBQ0gd broke off while i was removing my old gpu. Well considering that i am writing this question on the computer itself right now, doesn't seem like there's any sort of problem. From the looks of it it seems like it's linked to the audio port which i currently have nothing connected to right now. No i have absolutely no experience in soldering and neither have the time to learn. I know you guys will say i have to fix it and all but is it completely necesarry? And on top of that it's an old board.

Solution
So i have absolutely no problem other than sound?
If it's JUST that capacitor you knocked off, most likely not. But there could have been any of a number of possible failure modes that were introduced; for instance, a hanging lead that could short to something else, like a 12V rail (worst case). It might be remote, but always a possibility after physical damage ocurrs.
So i have absolutely no problem other than sound?
If it's JUST that capacitor you knocked off, most likely not. But there could have been any of a number of possible failure modes that were introduced; for instance, a hanging lead that could short to something else, like a 12V rail (worst case). It might be remote, but always a possibility after physical damage ocurrs.

Solution