[SOLVED] Caps Lock Key Doesnt Work

bty0610

Honorable
Jul 2, 2014
Today my Caps Lock key stopped working regularly. The notification light on the keyboard still glows on and off when I click the key.

But letters do not capitalize. I even turned on toggle keys, and it plays a sound each time I press caps lock.

But the outcome is still the same, no capitalization in letters.

KB: Cooler Master Octane

bty0610

Honorable
Jul 2, 2014
Actually upon investigating, I think this may be a windows problem itself. I was messing around in Razer Synapse and it was registering my caps lock presses on the keyboard when setting up macros.

bty0610

Honorable
Jul 2, 2014
I tested the keyboard on a laptop and the caps lock key works perfectly fine. So it seems to be a windows problem overall.
And I'm not to sure on the virus part, I have Bitdefender and I don't ever download malicious files.
Very odd :unsure:

bty0610

Honorable
Jul 2, 2014
It seems when I press alt + caps lock letters capitalize. But that's not how things are suppose to be. And I actually looked at that forum post before and nothing there listed worked.

D

Deleted member 14196

reinstall windows clean. first, download all the other drivers you need and those versions and save them off so after the new windows is installed, you can install your chipset drivers first, then video and audio and you should be good

D

Deleted member 14196

sure, try it. but that may not work. Do you leave System Restore enabled? go back to a point where it worked. i have not had good luck with system restores... lol

Reactions: AllanGH
D

Deleted member 14196

yeah? and what did they say after all failed? go talk to the manufacturer... lol, it's up to you what to do next. uninstall/reboot/reinstall drivers? etc.. have you run any Troubleshooters?