Card for a tight squeeze

TeraMedia

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2006
I need a card that meets some abnormal constraints, and I need your help to find it:
- Size: Length from *inside* of bracket to end of card plus 6-pin power connection must fit in under 7.5 inches. If necessary, I can manuf. a 6-pin connector that is essentially right-angle, but would prefer not to have to do that.
- Cooling: Hot air must exhaust through bracket to outside. A very small gap between cooling system and bracket vents is acceptable, but not desirable. A large gap, or venting to case internally is not acceptable.
- Performance: GPU should be in the AMD Radeon HD 6750 - 6770 range. I'm partial to AMD, but could be convinced on a GeForce if the specs are right.

I am looking at this HIS card: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161387, but I fear it might be too long. Can any owners tell me what the above described measurement is?

Found under details on the link you gave us:

Card Dimensions 7.76" x 5" x 1.65"

It appears to be too long for you. Maybe your requirements are a bit too strict. You can probably find a smaller video card - but with much less performance.

TeraMedia

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2006
Thanks Chainzsaw. I saw those specs too, but I don't know exactly what that 7.76" dimension is measuring: is it just the PCB? PCB with mounted cooler? Whole card? If it's the whole card, then it might still fit b.c. the bracket angles outward and adds at least 0.25".

TeraMedia

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2006

Anyone have an actual HIS H677FN1GD card that could measure it for us? Basically, I need the length up to the inside of the bracket, not to the outside.