Case, 2 fans, 120mm. As silent as possible.

Marco_24

Commendable
Jun 20, 2016
I removed yesterday the two fans (rear and front) that came with my case (Cooler master N300). I've been told to replace them. I want to go and buy them today, but I don't know which to buy. Price... 15-20€ per fan will be the upper limit. (Sweden, feel free to take a look here
http://www.webhallen.com/se-sv/datorkomponenter/kylning/chassiflaktar/pris/?filter_text=&filter_price_min=29&filter_price_max=379).

I'm not into led, but it doesn't really matter.

Solution
My experience is that RPM makes more of a difference than brand. Even cheap fans running at 800 RPM are quiet. They may not move much air though. Even the highest quality fan running at 2000 RPM will be noisy. I had a case with three 800 RPM fans and it was very quiet. But the air flow was marginal in hot weather. Now I lean to 1000 or 1200 RPM. There is a whisper of noise but better cooling.

blinding

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2011
My experience is that RPM makes more of a difference than brand. Even cheap fans running at 800 RPM are quiet. They may not move much air though. Even the highest quality fan running at 2000 RPM will be noisy. I had a case with three 800 RPM fans and it was very quiet. But the air flow was marginal in hot weather. Now I lean to 1000 or 1200 RPM. There is a whisper of noise but better cooling.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS