case fan connections ...

May 1, 2018
so this is the deal, i have a z370 i7 motherboard, and a corsair 460x case, in my case i have 6 fans ... 4 case fans, and 2 fans that belong to the radiator .... the cpu radiator fans have their own power from motherboard connection, (1 of 4) that leaves 3 more connections and 4 fans .... at the moment the fan cables are routed over the board, and not behing it ,,,, i would like to know if its ok to get a PWM 4 splitter adapter, and give power to all 4 case fans (corsair sp120) from one cpu fan motherboard connection ... thanks .

Solution
If you have connected TWO of those fans to a single mobo header, that is quite OK. I hope you did this twice to connect a pair of fans to each of two headers, to accommodate all four fans. You can not connect all four to ONE mobo fan header - that would overload the header.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
madmatt30 is correct, but there are a few more details to check. First, assuming that you have the Corsair SP120 RGB fans you linked to (there are many others similar), they draw at max 0.3 A per fan. So all four on one mobo header is NOT allowed. Two per header is. Next, these are 3-pin fans controlled only by Voltage Control Mode (aka DC Mode), and NOT by PWM Mode. Thus, you cannot use any common 4-pin fan HUB for them. Only simpler 4-pin or 3-pin fan SPLITTERS are suitable. The difference between those two device types is that a SPLITTER does NOT have an extra cable arm that must plug into a CPU power output connector. So, a couple of this type of thing is what you need.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812423168&cm_re=coboc_fan_splitter-_-12-423-168-_-Product

THEN you will need to be sure that the mobo headers you use for this both can be configured to use the proper DC Mode, and NOT PWM Mode. If you need help on that point, post back with the maker and exact model number of your mobo.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
If you have connected TWO of those fans to a single mobo header, that is quite OK. I hope you did this twice to connect a pair of fans to each of two headers, to accommodate all four fans. You can not connect all four to ONE mobo fan header - that would overload the header.

Solution
May 1, 2018

yeah only 2 fans are working on one header ...