Question Case fan setup

Oct 28, 2024
Hey, i recently purchased a prebuilt from Cyberpower. I have built a PC many years ago but life and lack of time pushed me to console gaming for ease of use and the general plug and play nature of them. I decided to attempt to get back into PC gaming and went prebuilt hoping for a “turn key” experience which it has been, its performing well and ive had no real issues
The one slight thing that puzzles me is that 3 fans are set to exhaust, Two roof mounted onto the CPU cooler and one rear. Is this anything to be alarmed at?
For reference:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d idles at 35ish and max ive seen is 69
GPU: MSI 4070 super idles at 30 and max temp 70

The temperatures seem ok from what ive researched? Just the lack of intake fans has me a little concerned
I did purchase some arctic f12’s hoping to use them as intakes but despite setting them to PWM in bios i have no control of them and fan RPM’s dont show.

Sorry for the questions, its been years since ive really researched PC hardware so im unsure on the current generation

Thank you for any advice

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

The one slight thing that puzzles me is that 3 fans are set to exhaust, Two roof mounted onto the CPU cooler and one rear. Is this anything to be alarmed at?
Generally no but that would depend on the make and model of your case and it's intakes. Got a link to your CyberPower prebuilt?

Oct 28, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Generally no but that would depend on the make and model of your case and it's intakes. Got a link to your CyberPower prebuilt?
Thanks, im already questioning why i ever went to console to be honest!

This was the one i purchased, its exactly as it is listed with no alterations.

As i said it seems to be working ok and the temps look to be within the ranges that ive seen when searching. I think the lack of intakes just has me a bit concerned now!

Lutfij

Titan

Those temps seem fine though looking at the image for the build, there seems to be fans set to intake on the side where the motherboard/motherboard tray is. Don't you have any fans as intake? If not, your case is set to negative air pressure, meaning your fans that are set to exhaust are also drawing in cooler ambient air through the front(and side if there are no fans there).

Oct 28, 2024

Those temps seem fine though looking at the image for the build, there seems to be fans set to intake on the side where the motherboard/motherboard tray is. Don't you have any fans as intake? If not, your case is set to negative air pressure, meaning your fans that are set to exhaust are also drawing in cooler ambient air through the front(and side if there are no fans there).
I did notice those in the images but there are none there on mine, I attempted to use 2 Arctic F12’s there and they do rotate but i have no control of them in bios and the rpm does not display. I may be better taking those out then, i hadn’t considered negative air pressure. No i dont have any fans set to intake. If the temps look ok i guess theres nothing to worry about
Thank you for your help!