Case fans turns on for half a second.

jms133

Commendable
Nov 30, 2016
Hello,
So i recently just bought a new case and i took everything out of my old computer and inserted it to the new case. My first problem is, my motherboard was so old that i had to take out my front panel power switch from old case and use it to power my computer in the new case as i my new case's front panel cables are just confusing (im a newbie btw) so if there is a way of identifying where i should put the power button cables in my motherboard without the manual please help me out.

*I dont have my manual for my motherboard*

Also my new case had an led fan and another fan at the front of the case. The fan at the front works perfectly (a 3 pin fan) but my rear fan which only had 3 pins whereas my motherboard only has 4 pin connectors i inserted in the first 3 pins of the 4 pins in my motherboard but the rear fan just wont turn on for more than half a second when computer is powered. So thats my second problem. Any ideas what is going on?

popatim

Titan
Swap where the fans plug into. If the rear fan starts working while in the front fans port then we at least know the fan isn't dead.
If the front fan doesn't work in the rear port then check the bios for fan settings. It could be set to not turn on until a set temperature is reached. otherwise it could be a dead fan port on the motherbd.
If the port is dead you can run the fan from the power SUpply with something like This

jms133

Commendable
Nov 30, 2016
Ok, i have tried changing the ports, the case fan and the fan at the front i swapped ports. Unluckily nothing changed, the fan at the front still worked but the case fan still didnt work. Does that mean the fan is dead? Is there a way of testing that?