[SOLVED] Case fans

Iniaskle

Commendable
Mar 5, 2019
Hi!

CASE: Coolermaster Masterbox Q300P
Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus B450 M

I will soon upgrade my PC and I have already bought the case, I use no extra fans just the 3 fans included with the case. 2 at the front and 1 at the back. Now I will go with an RX 5700 XT and I don't think that In such a small case those 3 fans are enough. So what I wanted to do was get these fans (https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/coolers/case-fan/masterfan-mf120r-argb-3in1/#image-Item2). I want to place 1 at the back and 2 on top. So my question is, can I keep the fans that I have right now at the front?

Thanks!

Solution
I was looking at the wrong picture. That case has 2 fans at the front to intake cold air into the case and a rear fan to exhaust the hot air out of the case.

You can replace the rear fan and add 2 top fans while leaving the front ones in. This won't cause any issues.

Those fans linked will work. The new rear fan is larger than the current one, however the new one can still be mounted there.
I was looking at the wrong picture. That case has 2 fans at the front to intake cold air into the case and a rear fan to exhaust the hot air out of the case.

You can replace the rear fan and add 2 top fans while leaving the front ones in. This won't cause any issues.

Those fans linked will work. The new rear fan is larger than the current one, however the new one can still be mounted there.

Solution

Iniaskle

Commendable
Mar 5, 2019
I was looking at the wrong picture. That case has 2 fans at the front to act as an intake and a rear fan to exhaust the hot air out of the case.

Those fans linked will work.
Thanks a lot for helping me out! I'm still learning about pc building.

Jul 6, 2019
Of course you can. But only 2 fans possible at the front. Though you might be aware of this, i just wanted to mention that the preinstalled fans are rgb and the ones you are buying are a-rgb, so the way they sync colors might be bit different

Iniaskle

Commendable
Mar 5, 2019
Of course you can. But only 2 fans possible at the front. Though you might be aware of this, i just wanted to mention that the preinstalled fans are rgb and the ones you are buying are a-rgb, so the way they sync colors might be bit different
yeah I know the front case fans will not sync with the ones I will buy but I dont really care about that

Jul 6, 2019
yeah I know the front case fans will not sync with the ones I will buy but I dont really care about that
But if you do really care about the airflow, you should invest bit more and go for corsair fans that are specifically designed for intake or exhaust depending on where you'll be placing them. Coolermaster mf 120r fans are below average for pulling in good volume of air

TRENDING THREADS