Case Mod Project: Corsair c70 Vengeance

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MonsterMawd

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2006
planetside2_corsair_c70_case_mod_gaming_pc_higby_fan_grill_mnpctech.jpg

It's good to be BUSY and I love Sci-Fi & Military theme builds. So I was very excited to receive an inquiry from Planetside2's Creative Director Matt Higby, about doing a New Conglomerate theme case for his new PC build.

"PLanetside2" is the sequel to the landmark MMO FPS has been revealed and is bigger and better than ever. PlanetSide 2 is a massive multiplayer online first person shooter. Game play delivers truly epic combat on a scale never before seen in stunning, breathtaking detail. Battles wage with literally thousands of players aligning with one of three unique factions in intense land, air and vehicle gameplay where the fight for territory is more than a victory, its survival. The "New Conglomerate"(commonly abbreviated NC) is Matt Higby's favorite faction. The NC is one of three empires waging for control over the planet Auraxis. They are characterized by hard-hitting weapons and heavily-armored vehicles that are designed with straight lines and hard edges. Their faction colors are blue and yellow.

planetside2_corsair_c70_case_mod_gaming_pc_higby_fan_grill_mnpctech_corsair_H100.jpg

Matt will be utilizing Corsair's H100 CPU cooler for the best optimal cooling.

120mm_fan_grill_overkill_ring_mnpctech.com4.jpg

I'll be creating a front intake with LEPA Chopper Cooling fan and 120mm Overkill Fan Ring

corsair_c70_vengeance_veng_vang_midtower_new_case_mod_window_review1.jpg

My canvas is Corsair's new Vengeance c70. It's a rugged, military inspired design. It arrives equipped with lots of features. It includes three Corsair 120mm fans, with the option to add seven more 120mm fans. Option to mount 240 or 360 radiator in the top panel. It has eight expansion slots. The retail price is $139.99. You can read my Corsair c70 Vengeance Case Review

c70_corsair_vengeance_window_side_panel_replace_laser_mnpctech.jpg

we took time out to create c70 replacement windows here, http://www.mnpctech.com/Corsair_c70_vengeance_clear_window_replacement.html

planetside2_corsair_c70_case_mod_gaming_pc_higby_fan_grill_mnpctech9e.jpg

Factory Specification List:
Warranty: Two years
Dimension: 19.7" x 9.1" x 21" / 501mm (H) x 232mm (W) x 533mm (L)
MB Support: ATX, mATX
Expansion Slots: 8
Material: Steel
Drive Bays: Three (3x) 5.25” bays, and Six (6x) 3.5”/2.5” hard drive bays
Cooling Fans Included: Three (3x) 120mm fans
Front I/O: (x2) USB 3.0, (x1) Headphone, (x1) MIC, Power, Reset Switches
Power Supply: ATX (not included)

corsair_c70_vengeance_veng_vang_midtower_new_case_mod_window_review3.jpg

corsair_c70_vengeance_veng_vang_midtower_new_case_mod_window_review4.jpg

Onto the first Case Mod!

planetside2_corsair_c70_case_mod_gaming_pc_higby_fan_grill_mnpctech1.jpg

The first modification is converting the c70's factory window to plain window without any fan hole perforations.

planetside2_corsair_c70_case_mod_gaming_pc_higby_fan_grill_mnpctech1a.jpg

The c70 window assembly dismantled. Save the 16x Black screws! We will be using them to re-install out custom window.

planetside2_corsair_c70_case_mod_gaming_pc_higby_fan_grill_mnpctech2.jpg

The new window will be cut from 24" x 24" sheet of 1/8" thick, Clear, cast acrylic. I'm tracing the factory window dimensions onto the sheet.

planetside2_corsair_c70_case_mod_gaming_pc_higby_fan_grill_mnpctech3.jpg