randomname6969

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2014
So im debating on selling my EVGA DG-87 that i bought probably 6-7 years ago at this point. The case is honestly just too big for the workspace that i have now and im planning to get a smaller case to jam everything in. I've read into it a bit and noticed that EVGA discontinued the case and there are literally 0 listings on offerup, ebay, etc. So i dont have a basis of what to list the case. Its in pristine condition minus a couple stickers that can be removed and a couple old EVGA fans that came with the case that ended up failing. I'm trying to see how much i could get for the case since it seems pretty rare to find at this point.

Case Pictures:
View: https://imgur.com/a/AuDazrK

Solution
I'm trying to see how much i could get for the case since it seems pretty rare to find at this point.
I wouldn't sell anything you have that's actually functional, that has an EVGA badge on it. Take it from me, it's a piece of tech history :)

If it's rare and unique, you hold onto it!

Lutfij

Titan
I'm trying to see how much i could get for the case since it seems pretty rare to find at this point.
I wouldn't sell anything you have that's actually functional, that has an EVGA badge on it. Take it from me, it's a piece of tech history :)

Reactions: randomname6969
Solution

General_Cool

Distinguished
The nice thing about rare items like this is the price its worth is whatever the price someone buys it for. There will always be a collector out there with way too much money for their own good. Put it on Ebay for $1k. If it doesn't sell for a month of two, lower it by $50-$100 bucks until it sells. Ebay won't charge you anything to list it.

These cases are worshipped by many in the PC building community as the pinnacle of case design, materials quality, quality of life features, simplicity of building inside and cable management, you name it this case is worshipped for it. Like others have said though, just hang onto it. At the rate EVGA is going they'll be out of business in a few years, and that would be the time EVGA collectors would be salivating to get their hands on this case, knowing they'll never be another one again.

Reactions: randomname6969

randomname6969

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2014

Thats pretty fair lol only reason why i had the thought to sell it is due to financial circumstances, but with the way that you put it, it definitely seems like the better option to hold onto it

randomname6969

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2014
The nice thing about rare items like this is the price its worth is whatever the price someone buys it for. There will always be a collector out there with way too much money for their own good. Put it on Ebay for $1k. If it doesn't sell for a month of two, lower it by $50-$100 bucks until it sells. Ebay won't charge you anything to list it.

These cases are worshipped by many in the PC building community as the pinnacle of case design, materials quality, quality of life features, simplicity of building inside and cable management, you name it this case is worshipped for it. Like others have said though, just hang onto it. At the rate EVGA is going they'll be out of business in a few years, and that would be the time EVGA collectors would be salivating to get their hands on this case, knowing they'll never be another one again.
Yea looking at things now especially with all that youve mentioned, you do have a pretty good point. For now, im just making the decision to hold onto it. Never realized how far EVGA has fallen off the totem pole in terms of pc brands since i last was pretty updated on hardware. I knew about the fact that EVGA stopped producing graphics cards due to personal conflicts with nvidia but i didnt realize how much they changed in terms of the products that they carry. Originally, i was hoping to update my pc with kingpin parts before i realized that they really dont exist too much anymore, which is sad.