Erehwon

Backups using Quicken write to the CD Burning subdirectory. I get the
balloon message indicating that files are ready to be written to the CD, but
clicking on the balloon just opens the CD. The files in the CD Burning
subdirectory are not shown and there is no "write these files to disk" item
in the menu. If I understand correctly these functions are done by the "CD
Writing Wizard". If so it doesn't appear to be starting. Any way to
restore this function?

Cannot Back Up Quicken Files to CD
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;316415

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"Erehwon" wrote:

| Backups using Quicken write to the CD Burning subdirectory. I get the
| balloon message indicating that files are ready to be written to the CD, but
| clicking on the balloon just opens the CD. The files in the CD Burning
| subdirectory are not shown and there is no "write these files to disk" item
| in the menu. If I understand correctly these functions are done by the "CD
| Writing Wizard". If so it doesn't appear to be starting. Any way to
| restore this function?

Erehwon

Thanks. Method 3 works through step 9, but then clicking on the balloon
message only provides the CD directory, no access to the files to be written
and no "CD Writing Tasks" menu. That's why I was thinking something in the
CD Writing Wizard itself was broke.