CEmod - finally upgraded to 7.55

Hoo boy, as many teddy bears as I have room for! lol
Not just the +1 to skills, but the mf...
I am currently running with 20 teddies in my stash that add to my mf such
that the total is now about 4467% mf, what need for torches anymore?
All these new sets and uniques, and here I thought I had a pretty good
start on trying to collect at least one of everything, starting lots of
new pages I am, this looks like it will keep me busy for the next 3-6
months at least. Some look really nice too, last night I found a
(green/set) troll belt with +1 to all skills as well as resist all 15 and
a couple/three other mods, and that is before socketing.
No, I am not planning to upgrade to 7.57 anytime soon, I _really_ like all
these teddies, hehe.
I hope some of you have also sent Mr. Chaos Energy some money, this is one
great mod IMNSHO.
--
Don't Panic!

On Thu, 26 May 2005 18:29:16 GMT, "ArtDent" <par@noyd.invalidname>
wrote:

>Hoo boy, as many teddy bears as I have room for! lol
>Not just the +1 to skills, but the mf...
>I am currently running with 20 teddies in my stash that add to my mf such
>that the total is now about 4467% mf, what need for torches anymore?
>All these new sets and uniques, and here I thought I had a pretty good
>start on trying to collect at least one of everything, starting lots of
>new pages I am, this looks like it will keep me busy for the next 3-6
>months at least. Some look really nice too, last night I found a
>(green/set) troll belt with +1 to all skills as well as resist all 15 and
>a couple/three other mods, and that is before socketing.
>No, I am not planning to upgrade to 7.57 anytime soon, I _really_ like all
>these teddies, hehe.
>I hope some of you have also sent Mr. Chaos Energy some money, this is one
>great mod IMNSHO.

I'm confused, and pardon my confusion. I've got five teddie bears.
Corpsefire dropped them all. I kept only one in inventory, the first
one I identified, and it says +1 to all skills. The other four, said
no such thing so i shoved them in my stash and have not figured out
what to do with them. they dont go in the doll stash do they?

any advice?

ArtDent wrote:
> Hoo boy, as many teddy bears as I have room for! lol
> Not just the +1 to skills, but the mf...
> I am currently running with 20 teddies in my stash that add to my mf such
> that the total is now about 4467% mf, what need for torches anymore?

<snipped>

> I hope some of you have also sent Mr. Chaos Energy some money, this is one
> great mod IMNSHO.

90% of Chaos Empire can be done with freely-downloaded plug-ins. The
few unique aspects are the teddy (broken), the doll chest (silly), and
the gem bags (the one cool feature). To make matters worse, the CE crew
withheld the txt files so I could fix their errors and recompile it.

Unlimited magic find and unlimited gold destroyed the mod for
me...which meant I finally had to get off my butt and write my own. I'd
send him a few bucks for the gem bag code, though. :)
--
Zamboni

ArtDent wrote:
> For the most possible (monsters, drops, etc.), don't forget to do the
> '/players 20' thing as well.

What is the /players20 thing?

Doesn't this mod start out at /players13? So is there something special
about /players20 rather than, say, /players19 or /players21?

Jill

ArtDent wrote:

> Yes, the mod starts at /players 13, that is the default and also the
> minimum. /players 20 is the max.

Thank you for the information.

On 26 May 2005 12:08:03 -0700, "Zamboni" <thezambonis@gmail.com>
wrote:

>ArtDent wrote:
>> Hoo boy, as many teddy bears as I have room for! lol
>> Not just the +1 to skills, but the mf...
>> I am currently running with 20 teddies in my stash that add to my mf such
>> that the total is now about 4467% mf, what need for torches anymore?
>>
><snipped>
>>
>> I hope some of you have also sent Mr. Chaos Energy some money, this is one
>> great mod IMNSHO.
>
>90% of Chaos Empire can be done with freely-downloaded plug-ins. The
>few unique aspects are the teddy (broken), the doll chest (silly), and
>the gem bags (the one cool feature). To make matters worse, the CE crew
>withheld the txt files so I could fix their errors and recompile it.
>
>Unlimited magic find and unlimited gold destroyed the mod for
>me...which meant I finally had to get off my butt and write my own. I'd
>send him a few bucks for the gem bag code, though. :)

I wrote my own too but I like playing his. I used some of the same
plug ins he did. I liked the kinder eggs and the doll chest, even if
they are silly.

I havent got to the gem bags yet, where do i find that and what do I
do with it? I'm still in act 1, farting around at the Cathedral. I've
never seen so many monsters ever in a game, at one place. good fun.

On 26-May-2005, PeeVee_Hermann <edwardapplejacksmith@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I'm confused, and pardon my confusion. I've got five teddie bears.
> Corpsefire dropped them all. I kept only one in inventory, the first
> one I identified, and it says +1 to all skills. The other four, said
> no such thing so i shoved them in my stash and have not figured out
> what to do with them. they dont go in the doll stash do they?
>
> any advice?

I am told this only works in ver 7.55 (was 'fixed' in 7.56 or 7.57)
Create a new character and put their 3 Horadric Scrolls into the shared
stash.
Delete new character.
Repeat as often as you need/wish.
Now, take your 'main' character and load one teddy charm and one scroll
into cube.
Transmute.
Repeat as often as you have scrolls/teddy bear charms.
You can go back to the Den of Evil (now just called 'The Cave' I think) as
often as you wish for more teddy charms, Corpsefire will drop 6 every time
you kill him.
I had some problems loading some teddy charms into my inventory from my
stash when I was in Lut Gholein but they can go into the cube and then wp
to Rogue Camp and they will go into your inventory ok then/there.
I hope this was clear enough for you, if you need more clarification on
something, please, just ask.
--
Don't Panic!

On Thu, 26 May 2005 19:31:08 GMT, "ArtDent" <par@noyd.invalidname>
wrote:

>On 26-May-2005, PeeVee_Hermann <edwardapplejacksmith@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm confused, and pardon my confusion. I've got five teddie bears.
>> Corpsefire dropped them all. I kept only one in inventory, the first
>> one I identified, and it says +1 to all skills. The other four, said
>> no such thing so i shoved them in my stash and have not figured out
>> what to do with them. they dont go in the doll stash do they?
>>
>> any advice?
>
>I am told this only works in ver 7.55 (was 'fixed' in 7.56 or 7.57)
>Create a new character and put their 3 Horadric Scrolls into the shared
>stash.
>Delete new character.
>Repeat as often as you need/wish.
>Now, take your 'main' character and load one teddy charm and one scroll
>into cube.
>Transmute.
>Repeat as often as you have scrolls/teddy bear charms.
>You can go back to the Den of Evil (now just called 'The Cave' I think) as
>often as you wish for more teddy charms, Corpsefire will drop 6 every time
>you kill him.
>I had some problems loading some teddy charms into my inventory from my
>stash when I was in Lut Gholein but they can go into the cube and then wp
>to Rogue Camp and they will go into your inventory ok then/there.
>I hope this was clear enough for you, if you need more clarification on
>something, please, just ask.

wait, you are talking about transmuting the teddy charms, that I have
already identified, with horadric scrolls, and that will what, make
them +1 to all skills? And i can make as many as I want?

Does the trap door to burial ground open up before you kill
bloodraven, or only afterward?

On 26-May-2005, PeeVee_Hermann <edwardapplejacksmith@yahoo.com> wrote:

> wait, you are talking about transmuting the teddy charms, that I have
> already identified, with horadric scrolls, and that will what, make
> them +1 to all skills? And i can make as many as I want?

Yes.

> Does the trap door to burial ground open up before you kill
> bloodraven, or only afterward?

Always open, you can even go 'do' Bloodraven before the Den of Evil if you
want to.
--
Don't Panic!

On 26-May-2005, PeeVee_Hermann <edwardapplejacksmith@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I havent got to the gem bags yet, where do i find that and what do I
> do with it? I'm still in act 1, farting around at the Cathedral. I've
> never seen so many monsters ever in a game, at one place. good fun.

Lysander, in Act 2 has the gem bags. Bag and gem in cube, transmute.
There are 7 of them, one for each gem type. Bag alone in cube and
transmute brings out the lowest gem in the bag. See the readme.
If you haven't gotten there yet, just wait until you hit Catacombs level 4
where Andariel is, it is _much_ bigger than before and there are gold
chests all over the place as well as monsters galore.

On Thu, 26 May 2005 20:50:48 GMT, "ArtDent" <par@noyd.invalidname>
wrote:

>On 26-May-2005, PeeVee_Hermann <edwardapplejacksmith@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> I havent got to the gem bags yet, where do i find that and what do I
>> do with it? I'm still in act 1, farting around at the Cathedral. I've
>> never seen so many monsters ever in a game, at one place. good fun.
>
>Lysander, in Act 2 has the gem bags. Bag and gem in cube, transmute.
>There are 7 of them, one for each gem type. Bag alone in cube and
>transmute brings out the lowest gem in the bag. See the readme.
>If you haven't gotten there yet, just wait until you hit Catacombs level 4
>where Andariel is, it is _much_ bigger than before and there are gold
>chests all over the place as well as monsters galore.
>For the most possible (monsters, drops, etc.), don't forget to do the
>'/players 20' thing as well.

i thought /players 8 was as high as i could go.

shows you what i know.

I used the same level 4 catacombs plug in I bet as he did. Is the
Duriel area changed as well? You come in differently and fight Duriel
in a big room?

thats another plug in

On 26-May-2005, "neithskye" <jill_bookerGREENEGGSANDSPAM@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> What is the /players20 thing?
>
> Doesn't this mod start out at /players13? So is there something special
> about /players20 rather than, say, /players19 or /players21?

Yes, the mod starts at /players 13, that is the default and also the
minimum. /players 20 is the max.
--
Don't Panic!

On 26-May-2005, PeeVee_Hermann <edwardapplejacksmith@yahoo.com> wrote:

> i thought /players 8 was as high as i could go.
>
> shows you what i know.

In 'regular' LOD, 8 is the max, in CEmod it starts at 13 and the max is
20.

> I used the same level 4 catacombs plug in I bet as he did. Is the
> Duriel area changed as well? You come in differently and fight Duriel
> in a big room?
>
> thats another plug in

Yes, and there are some 'side' rooms after him as well, with those nice
'gold' chests that can cough up things like Odgens' or Pepin's potions.
Yum!
--
Don't Panic!

On Thu, 26 May 2005, "ArtDent" wrote:

>> don't forget to do the '/players 20' thing as well.

For what need?

The game has a fixed minimum (and default) players value of 13.

Enough is plenty, no?

--

Chaos Empire mod: Webwalker
USEast HC Ladder: Rockstomper

ArtDent wrote:

<edited>

Alright, your excitement convinced me to upgrade as well. :)

I downloaded the 7.55 exe, but I was wondering how you install it. Do I
have to get rid of the Doll Stash on my two characters? I exit the game
then run the exe file without deactivating the mod? Will I still be
able to play my existing characters?

I tried looking for install information on the Web site and on a few of
the forums but didn't find much so I'd appreciate any guidance.

Jill

Brian Brunner wrote:

> If your (current) version is 1.50 or earlier, yes toss the doll stash.

I had 7.51. Didn't even know there was a 1.50 or earlier.

> You can back up those character and .sss files to test after the
> upgrade.
>
> Or you can upgrade and test, if things don't work then return to your
> current version, toss the stashes, and upgrade again.

Thank you, it seems to have worked. The only weird thing is when I go
to my char screen and try to view the 2 pages after the main page the
entire game slows down. It's like it's running at a tenth of the speed
(even the NPCs are in slow motion), and my mouse is almost impossible
to move.

Do you know if resistances got knocked down further? I had 95 f/c/l in
7.51, but now they're in the 50s and 60s.

It also looks like 7.51 Annihilus charms are unusable in 7.55 - game
won't let me place one in my inventory. There go 2 stash pages of
those. :-(

Jill

Johnny Bravo wrote:

> Exit the game, deactivate the mod, install the update. If for some
> reason you ever mess up an install, which isn't all that hard to do if
> you're new (most likely by trying to install without deactivating
> first), run the repair.bat file in the 110_ORG folder in your D2LOD
> directory.

Thank you.

Not being a computer expert I got a wee bit confused when it started
asking me if I wanted to uninstall previous versions and to rename my
data file, but it seems to have worked.

Jill

On 29 May 2005, "neithskye" wrote:

>> ArtDent wrote:
>>
>> <edited>
>>
>> Alright, your excitement convinced me to upgrade as well. :)
>>
>> I downloaded the 7.55 exe, but I was wondering how you install it. Do I
>> have to get rid of the Doll Stash on my two characters? I exit the game
>> then run the exe file without deactivating the mod? Will I still be
>> able to play my existing characters?
>>
>> I tried looking for install information on the Web site and on a few of
>> the forums but didn't find much so I'd appreciate any guidance.
>>
>> Jill

If your (current) version is 1.50 or earlier, yes toss the doll stash.

You can back up those character and .sss files to test after the
upgrade.

Or you can upgrade and test, if things don't work then return to your
current version, toss the stashes, and upgrade again.

--

Chaos Empire mod: Webwalker
USEast HC Ladder: Rockstomper

On 29 May 2005 09:33:31 -0700, "neithskye"
<jill_bookerGREENEGGSANDSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote:

>ArtDent wrote:
>
><edited>
>
>Alright, your excitement convinced me to upgrade as well. :)
>
>I downloaded the 7.55 exe, but I was wondering how you install it. Do I
>have to get rid of the Doll Stash on my two characters? I exit the game
>then run the exe file without deactivating the mod? Will I still be
>able to play my existing characters?

Exit the game, deactivate the mod, install the update. If for some
reason you ever mess up an install, which isn't all that hard to do if
you're new (most likely by trying to install without deactivating
first), run the repair.bat file in the 110_ORG folder in your D2LOD
directory.

of the human mind to correlate all its contents." - H.P. Lovecraft

On 29 May 2005 16:52:28 -0700, "neithskye"
<jill_bookerGREENEGGSANDSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Johnny Bravo wrote:
>
>> Exit the game, deactivate the mod, install the update. If for some
>> reason you ever mess up an install, which isn't all that hard to do if
>> you're new (most likely by trying to install without deactivating
>> first), run the repair.bat file in the 110_ORG folder in your D2LOD
>> directory.
>
>Thank you.
>
>Not being a computer expert I got a wee bit confused when it started
>asking me if I wanted to uninstall previous versions and to rename my
>data file, but it seems to have worked.

Glad everything went ok!

of the human mind to correlate all its contents." - H.P. Lovecraft

On 29 May 2005 16:49:39 -0700, "neithskye"
<jill_bookerGREENEGGSANDSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote:

>> Brian Brunner wrote:
>>
>> > If your (current) version is 1.50 or earlier, yes toss the doll stash.
>>
>> I had 7.51. Didn't even know there was a 1.50 or earlier.

read: 7.50

If you were at 7.51, your doll stashes are probably OK, looks like your
experience verifies this.

>> Thank you, it seems to have worked. The only weird thing is when I go
>> to my char screen and try to view the 2 pages after the main page the
>> entire game slows down. It's like it's running at a tenth of the speed
>> (even the NPCs are in slow motion), and my mouse is almost impossible
>> to move.

I have this only when I've got IE or Word running at the same time...
if you're only running D2/LOD/CE and seeing this big slow-down when
checking your total resists (I think that's the page you've said you're
on) then I'm puzzled.

>> Do you know if resistances got knocked down further? I had 95 f/c/l in
>> 7.51, but now they're in the 50s and 60s.

Normal starts at -25; NM at -150, Hell at -300.
My necro is capped at straight 85's in Hell. Resists, life, and +skills
constantly fight for top worry on my mind.

>> It also looks like 7.51 Annihilus charms are unusable in 7.55 - game
>> won't let me place one in my inventory. There go 2 stash pages of
>> those. :-(

I haven't gotten my first Annihilus yet...

--

Brian Brunner wrote:

> If you were at 7.51, your doll stashes are probably OK, looks like your
> experience verifies this.

Yes, although certain things seem buggy, like I transmute an Oil of
Sharpness to my weapon and nothing happens.

> I have this only when I've got IE or Word running at the same time...
> if you're only running D2/LOD/CE and seeing this big slow-down when
> checking your total resists (I think that's the page you've said you're
> on) then I'm puzzled.

Yes, because I was checking why my resists went down. The first screen
(stats, level, char name, etc.) is fine, but the next two pages (total
damage reduction, mana regeneration, etc.) slows down the game to a
crawl.

> Normal starts at -25; NM at -150, Hell at -300.
> My necro is capped at straight 85's in Hell. Resists, life, and +skills
> constantly fight for top worry on my mind.

Thank you for the information. That explains why my resists went down
(I believe resists in Hell in 7.51 were -250).

I used to play HC on the realms so I understand where you're coming
from.

> I haven't gotten my first Annihilus yet...

Well, if I was still playing HC I don't think I'd attempt the Clone.
But since I'm not, my barb killed him for the first time in 7.55. The
interesting thing is, the same bug that allows you to carry more than
one Teddy also seems to allow you to carry more than one Annihilus
charm. The Clone dropped three Books of Wisdom and three Annihilus
charms. All three charms are in my backpack. I set up another game to
spawn the Clone. It'll be interesting to see if you can fill your
entire backpack with Annihilus charms.

Jill

On 31-May-2005, "neithskye" <jill_bookerGREENEGGSANDSPAM@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> the same bug that allows you to carry more than
> one Teddy also seems to allow you to carry more than one Annihilus
> charm. The Clone dropped three Books of Wisdom and three Annihilus
> charms. All three charms are in my backpack. I set up another game to
> spawn the Clone. It'll be interesting to see if you can fill your
> entire backpack with Annihilus charms.
>
> Jill

Yea, hehe, I finally killed him myself over the weekend, got 5 charms and
1 book of wisdom and all 5 charms are currently in my inventory. They
replaced 14 teddy bears and give me 4 more skill points than I had, not to
mention the resists, etc.
As soon as I got the Annihilus charms, the very next doll I put into my
doll stash gave me plus one percent to experience gained, lol, after the
charms gave me a total of 42 %, that one more is/was just icing on the
cake.
--
Don't Panic!

ArtDent wrote:

> Yea, hehe, I finally killed him myself over the weekend, got 5 charms and
> 1 book of wisdom and all 5 charms are currently in my inventory.

Congratulations! Which character did you use? Was he as bad as you
thought?

> As soon as I got the Annihilus charms, the very next doll I put into my
> doll stash gave me plus one percent to experience gained, lol, after the
> charms gave me a total of 42 %, that one more is/was just icing on the
> cake.

I know you have a lot of dolls in your Stash, and I keep wanting to ask
you what skills you get, but want them to be a surprise. I'm up to 400
dolls.

Jill

Blue Jack Sky wrote:

> I just got my level 75 single player barb into hell tonight and kept
> hoping the clone would spawn. Any tips on killing him?

I know you didn't ask me, but since we both have barbs, I thought I'd
butt in here . . .

First off, congratulations on getting your barb to Hell!

As for the Clone, my barb is my primary Clone killer. He uses
Concentrate. As with any character, the key is Crushing Blow and having
Prevent Monster Heal somewhere on your equipment. If your resists
aren't maxed I'd drink a fire resistance potion before (or, really,
wait until your resists are higher). I always enchant myself with the
Demon Limb for the extra AR. Even with an AR in the 50K-60K range, my
barb only has a 74% chance to hit the Clone, or something like that
(not at home to check), and it seems like I miss a lot.

Are you going to use War Cry to take the Clone down? If so, I guess the
above really doesn't apply. Do you have a backup skill, like
Concentrate? I tried taking the Clone down once with War Cry. It didn't
work so well. The main problems are that War Cry doesn't leech, and I
don't think CB and PMH work with it. It seemed like the Clone's health
bar didn't move at all.

> I'm doing 43K damage with warcry . . .

Just out of curiosity, how did you get it this high? I maxed War Cry,
maxed Battle Cry, am more than halfway to maxing Taunt, and have quite
a few points in Howl as well. With the additional Annihilus charms I
got last night, I have an slvl 86 or so War Cry, and it's only doing
36K damage according to my character screen.

Jill