[SOLVED] Changed my ram, now computer wouldn't boot

Ahlan1

Prominent
Nov 28, 2019
So I changed my pc ram, but after I insert the ram i to the mobo, the pc wouldn't boot, all the led and fan are working. When I switched back to the old ram, everything work just fine. The retailer claim that the ram has been check and working. I want to give him the benefit of the doubt and hope that the problem came from my part
I've tried the popular fix which is the cmos battery reinsertion, doesn't work with
Any help would be appreciated

Ahlan1

Prominent
Nov 28, 2019
What was your memory configuration before and how many dimm slots and memory order? Id look for motherboard info but OEMs can be so annoying, id rather ask you instead.
I think I'd be as annoying as the OEM site because I don't really get what you just said except for; there's 4 dimm slot in this mobo. By "memory configuration before" you want to know about my old ram? It's Samsung 1gb 1Rx8 PC3-10600U-09-10-A0 (I just copy paste what I see on the ram) Also I totally don't get what memory order is
I'm sorry if I'm making you cringe or anything

Ahlan1

Prominent
Nov 28, 2019
You're not attempting to mix ram are you? Try the 4gb stick in either 1st or 2nd dimm slot. Im not sure which slot is primary, these days it's 2nd slot, older boards can be 1st.
Have tried that unfortunately, also doesn't work, I have two of the same ram stick from the same retailer. Same case for both of them

Ahlan1

Prominent
Nov 28, 2019
Could be your motherboard is limited to 2gb each dimm slot.
Okay so I've went out my way to get a 2gb ram stick, I excitedly try to put it on, only to see the same exact problem happening again ;-;
I'm sorry if I'm bothering you but I really need help right now

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Sorry you're still having bad luck.

Oem builds such as HP have limited bios support. Wouldn't be surprised the motherboard is just fussy about what ram goes in it.

If you can find the exact model of ram that was in it then maybe try?

It's an old machine dude. Maybe just settle for what it is and build yourself a PC in future, staying away from oem. Oem quality will never be as good compared to likes of Asus, Msi, Asrock or Gigabyte.

Ahlan1

Prominent
Nov 28, 2019
Sorry you're still having bad luck.

Oem builds such as HP have limited bios support. Wouldn't be surprised the motherboard is just fussy about what ram goes in it.

If you can find the exact model of ram that was in it then maybe try?

It's an old machine dude. Maybe just settle for what it is and build yourself a PC in future, staying away from oem. Oem quality will never be as good compared to likes of Asus, Msi, Asrock or Gigabyte.
Yeah I might just do that, and by that I mean finding the exact same ram.
I have a gaming rig and I'm doing this as a side project, I'm pretty desperate as I have flush way too much time and resources than I originally thought I would. But it still fun regardless
Thank you for the reply

lynx1021

Distinguished

Ahlan1

Prominent
Nov 28, 2019
HP says 2GB per slot. It would have to be low density memory also that is not hardly made anymore. Here is a site that sells guaranteed memory https://www.upgradememory.com/ram/compaq-hp-pro-3000-MT/
The only Kingston number for it is KTH9600B/2G but it is discontinued. You might be able to find some on ebay , Here is a set https://www.ebay.com/itm/KINGSTON-K...193141?hash=item34185f3935:g:rZMAAOSwl8Vdy1FJ
You sure that Kingston will work? Because that's the easier for me to get than the "guaranteed" ram.