Question Changed RAM from 3000Mhz to 3600Mhz and now PC doesn't boot to Windows ?

Jun 16, 2022
Hi. Today arrived my 3600Mhz, 16GB RAM. I replaced my 3000Mhz version of the RAM, but my PC bios and task manager both said it was still 3000Mhz. I tried overclocking the RAM to 3600Mhz, but now it doesn't boot windows, it just stays on the 'Pro Series' logo that my motherboard is from. I've tried removing it from the power but that still doesn't fix it so I don't know what to do. There is nothing else I can find and I don't want to try any unnecessary PC dissection without knowing what I'm doing.

Please list the motherboard make, model and current BIOS version.
Please list ram make, model. Slot configuration.

When I changed my ram, the bios went through several boot cycles to work out which speed it was stable at. So, are you being patient enough ?
Do you have XMP switched on or off ?

Jun 16, 2022
Please list the motherboard make, model and current BIOS version.
Please list ram make, model. Slot configuration.

When I changed my ram, the bios went through several boot cycles to work out which speed it was stable at. So, are you being patient enough ?
Do you have XMP switched on or off ?
I am not that computer knowledgeable so i don't remember the settings. They should all be default apart from the changed, overclocked ram setting. The ram change was Corsair 3000Mhz 16Gb to 3600Mhz 16Gb.

As for the motherboard, i don't know the make and I do not know where the manual is. I will try find it but all I know is that it is from MSI.

Jun 16, 2022
XMP should take care of the overclocking for you so you should not need to try to manually overclock.
It only said it detected a new or changed device but it didn't automatically change anything of my knowledge, as the ram speed hadn't been set to the proper Mhz setting. The only thing I can think of is that the motherboard wasn't possible to use 3600mhz

Your motherboard make and model should either be shown in the BIOS or written on the motherboard itself. I cant help further unless you state what it is.
XMP is a setting in the BIOS which you need to swith on to allow the BIOS to try the best speed possible. Read your manual.

Jun 16, 2022
Your motherboard make and model should either be shown in the BIOS or written on the motherboard itself. I cant help further unless you state what it is.
XMP is a setting in the BIOS which you need to swith on to allow the BIOS to try the best speed possible. Read your manual.
I believe I have bricked the motherboard after thinking through it. I also have found the name after an hour or two of searching, in big bold letters on the board... It is the B550 Pro Series Motherboard, MSI. I am going to try restore the bios with a USB and I will get back to you in an hour or so.

Jun 16, 2022
I have flashed it successfully and it now has set my RAM speed to 2133Mhz. Should I try overclock it again like I did before and risk the same thing happening or what do I do.?

Jun 16, 2022
I have flashed it successfully and it now has set my RAM speed to 2133Mhz. Should I try overclock it again like I did before and risk the same thing happening or what do I do.?
The applications were slow so I restarted the PC, now it's bricked again?? Like I haven't touched anything and then the same screen it showed me came up again.

Page 53 and 54 of your user manual tells you about overclocking. It should be a simple case of Enabling A-XMP.
https://download.msi.com/archive/mnu_exe/mb/E7C56v2.1.pdf

Here is the critical part copied from the manual....
Overclocking your PC manually is only recommended for advanced users.
Overclocking is not guaranteed, and if done improperly, it could void your warranty or severely damage your hardware.
If you are unfamiliar with overclocking, we advise you to use CREATOR GENIE function for easy overclocking.
The BIOS items in OC menu will vary with the processor