[SOLVED] Changed RAM now don't have any internet!

flyronflyk

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2012
Hey guys, so i changed my RAM and now my network won't connect via Ethernet or WI-FI.

Back story i changed my RAM and when i did it the first time, on of the sticks wasn't properly seated so it gave me a BSOD. Fixed the issue and the PC runs fine but i dont have any internet access.

I have updated the drivers for the ethernet LAN controller and i also tried using an external USB wifi adapter but still no access, cant even see any available connections.

Under device manager and network settings it says connected via Ethernet but no connections found. The lights on the back of the mobo are flashing.
MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z87MX-D3H
Network Adapter: Intel Ethernet Connection I217-V
Ram: Corsair vengance 4x 4GB

Any help is appreciated! :)

Solution
Hey guys so i re-installed windows and it is all working now. Seemed to be a weird bug/glitch where it would recognize the Ethernet but not give me any access.

Thanks for the help! Stay safe!

flyronflyk

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2012
Thats valid. I did shut power off and turn off the PSU. Prevented static by touching the case first.

It's weird that even the USB wireless card wouldn't let me access wifi though.

For linux live cd can i just boot it off of USB, but then wouldnt i have to install the drivers for LAN?

Thanks again guys.

flyronflyk

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2012
Hey guys so i re-installed windows and it is all working now. Seemed to be a weird bug/glitch where it would recognize the Ethernet but not give me any access.

Thanks for the help! Stay safe!

Reactions: Grobe
Solution

TRENDING THREADS