Changing desktops at logon!

XP Home has one userwith admin rights and guests are turned off. Under Docs
& Settings have Net Serv, Default, All, Owner and Local Serv. I log onto
school lan and onto wireless net at home. At startup, I get the welcome
screen and then the desktop loads.

Problem: the desktop loads differently at different times. Even when I
restart it reloads differently. This is particularly true with the startup
icons on the task bar.

Using the taskmgr and logging off myself bring up my name/pictureon the
welcome screen builds back the original desktop and startup icons.

Solutions?

Tenderfoot

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2004

Hi there.

It appears by what you are describing that Windows is managing the
performance of your computer. You can change this setting bye going into the
:
Control panel>click on 'system' >click 'advanced' >click 'settings' under
Performance options, and change the settings to suit you. I have mine set to
"adjust for best performance" which suits me just fine.

Hope that helps.

tenderfoot wrote:
> Hi there.
>
> It appears by what you are describing that Windows is managing the
> performance of your computer. You can change this setting bye going into the
> :
> Control panel>click on 'system' >click 'advanced' >click 'settings' under
> Performance options, and change the settings to suit you. I have mine set to
> "adjust for best performance" which suits me just fine.
>
> Hope that helps.

Thanks for your tips

--
Jean-Max Reymond