Sagi sason

Great
Mar 11, 2020
so i bought a mechanicak keyboard with cherry mx blue because i didnt find any cheap keyboard with red black or brown, i want to play games and i saw that blues arent so good for gaming.
is it possible for me to change the switches to other switches?

Solution
so i bought a mechanicak keyboard with cherry mx blue because i didnt find any cheap keyboard with red black or brown, i want to play games and i saw that blues arent so good for gaming.
Just buy a new KB and sell that one in the Classified forum or on EBay. It would cost more and that's an awful lot of soldering prior to the new Viola.

Lutfij

Titan
Make and model of the mechanical keyboard? You must be forewarned that the warranty for the keyboard will be void the moment you modify it(even cosmetically). Also, switches aren't cheap either, you'd be best served to sell the keyboard off and then grab a Cherry MX Red or Brown variant or their knock off variants(Kailh and the other brands out there).

RealBeast

Titan
Just buy a new KB and sell that one in the Classified forum or on EBay. It would cost more and that's an awful lot of soldering prior to the new Viola.

Solution