[SOLVED] Changing PC Parts

Jan 11, 2022
In the next month, I'm planning to change from an Intel CPU to an AMD CPU and obviously motherboard. I've heard that when changing CPU brands, it can mess with your Windows and cause bluescreen if not done correctly. It sounded like I have to change my Windows and delete intel drivers and get amd drivers. Is all of this information correct and if so, is there an easy way or video ya'll can suggest? I've tried looking it up with no luck and I don't want anything to mess up. Would factory resetting my whole pc, then installing new parts be the best plan or does that not cover everything?

Solution
In the next month, I'm planning to change from an Intel CPU to an AMD CPU and obviously motherboard. I've heard that when changing CPU brands, it can mess with your Windows and cause bluescreen if not done correctly. It sounded like I have to change my Windows and delete intel drivers and get amd drivers. Is all of this information correct and if so, is there an easy way or video ya'll can suggest? I've tried looking it up with no luck and I don't want anything to mess up. Would factory resetting my whole pc, then installing new parts be the best plan or does that not cover everything?
Not a "factory reset".
A full wipe and reinstall.

USAFRet

Titan
Not a "factory reset".
A full wipe and reinstall.

Solution