Chasing Rodney (req for behavior spoilers)

I finally have another ascendable character (Ranger, lv 19, ac -43,
wielding Magicbane, genoless, polyselfless, wished for HoB and GoDex),
only my second to make it to Moloch's sanctum and grab the amulet. Only
problem is, Rodney's stolen it from me three times, the first time in the
high priest's chamer! I've already survived two double-troubles. But in
this last one he stole the Amulet, BotD, Bell, and LoDiana. Since I still
have the Candelabrum, will he still come after me, or do I have to back
down to the Sanctum again now that he has the amulet?

btw, I have two wands of death with 0 charge and a couple dry magic
markers, so I plan to use another wish for a couple more scrolls of
charging. I think it's also time to take Vorpy out of the bag....

--
"We are setting a standard for the rest of the world in the treatment
of people who may have loyalties to an enemy nation. We are protecting

Yashichi wrote:
> I finally have another ascendable character (Ranger, lv 19, ac -43,
> wielding Magicbane, genoless, polyselfless, wished for HoB and GoDex),
> only my second to make it to Moloch's sanctum and grab the amulet. Only
> problem is, Rodney's stolen it from me three times, the first time in the
> high priest's chamer! I've already survived two double-troubles. But in
> this last one he stole the Amulet, BotD, Bell, and LoDiana. Since I still
> have the Candelabrum, will he still come after me, or do I have to back
> down to the Sanctum again now that he has the amulet?

He is not necessarily in the Sanctum; you have to ESP-inspect every level
to find him. He comes back only if _you_ have The Amulet.

> btw, I have two wands of death with 0 charge and a couple dry magic
> markers, so I plan to use another wish for a couple more scrolls of
> charging. I think it's also time to take Vorpy out of the bag....

The wands of death had been my first choice in the past. Make sure there
is a wall behind The Wizard to increase your probabilities to hit him and
save some charges.

Janis

On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 19:20:00 +0200, Janis Papanagnou wrote:

> He is not necessarily in the Sanctum; you have to ESP-inspect every level
> to find him. He comes back only if _you_ have The Amulet.

Eeggh. *Every* level, or every level of Gehennom?

--

Janis Papanagnou wrote:

> He is not necessarily in the Sanctum; you have to ESP-inspect every
level
> to find him. He comes back only if _you_ have The Amulet.

But I don't think he can level-teleport while carrying the Amulet,
otherwise it'd have the potential for abuse....

- John H.

Yashichi wrote:
> On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 19:20:00 +0200, Janis Papanagnou wrote:
>
>>He is not necessarily in the Sanctum; you have to ESP-inspect every level
>>to find him. He comes back only if _you_ have The Amulet.
>
> Eeggh. *Every* level, or every level of Gehennom?

If memory serves me right, I think that I once found him above the valley.

Janis

On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 21:31:55 +0200, Janis Papanagnou wrote:

>> Eeggh. *Every* level, or every level of Gehennom?
>
> If memory serves me right, I think that I once found him above the valley.

Well, now that I think of it, he may have done me a favor, if he went to a
level above the one I'm on....

--
"We are setting a standard for the rest of the world in the treatment
of people who may have loyalties to an enemy nation. We are protecting
ourselves without violating the principles of Christian decency."
Milton S. Eisenhower, "Japanese Relocation" (1943 propaganda film)

Yashichi wrote:
<snip>
> btw, I have two wands of death with 0 charge and a couple dry magic
> markers, so I plan to use another wish for a couple more scrolls of
> charging. I think it's also time to take Vorpy out of the bag....

Um, why not to wish for another magic marker? You can get more scrolls
of charging out of one marker than wishing for a couple of scrolls...

-K