[SOLVED] Chasis fans at max speed

Dec 20, 2020
Hi, when I start windows all the chassis fan go at max speed all time, but in bios the fans go silent and the rpms are controlled by the bios correctly, only when I start windows I have this problem,
My computer:
Asrock B450M steel legend
Ryzen 5 1600 @3,2GHZ
Hyper X Fury RGB 3200mhz cl18 16GB (2x8)
R9 280x Vapor x Trio x
The fans are two corsair ml120 white led and one generic nzxt that was from an old nzxt box from 2016 noone can be controlled through any windows program

Solution
Did you clean install Windows after the motherboard change?

Are you running the first release bios?
https://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/B450M Steel Legend/#BIOS

I do see that version 2.13A had the following fix: "3. Modify 3-Pin FAN auto-rule under OS."

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
That's how POST - Power On Self Test - operates. Nothing you can do about it.

Also, if you exceed a specific temperature threshold - the number varies depending on the motherboard, I think - your fan curve will also be ignored and the fans will run full blast.

Reactions: marcostm4
Dec 20, 2020
the fan curve is correctly configurated, but after windows start loading, all the fans ignore all fan curve, and with my old motherboard i never had this problem, i never have more than 65 degrees on my cpu under full charge like in Battlefield 5 or rendering something
I mean, I would like to know why windows put all my fans at max speed everytime, HWmonitor show the processor never go over 60 degrees, in fact, only for try something, i configured my fan curve to never power on the fans until cpu reach 80, but it still ignoring my Bios config and the asrock utility
Meanwhile in bios menu, the fan curve works perfectly, the problem is when i use windows

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Did you clean install Windows after the motherboard change?

Are you running the first release bios?
https://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/B450M Steel Legend/#BIOS

I do see that version 2.13A had the following fix: "3. Modify 3-Pin FAN auto-rule under OS."

Reactions: marcostm4
Solution
Dec 20, 2020
I am in the 2.50
I updated this to prevent any issue with my memory, I supose all the fixes in the 2.13A are included
And nop, didnt made a clean install, I will try this now in a partition in the secondary HDD

Dec 20, 2020
Solved!! the V2.50 looks like bugged with the fan settings in w10, I downgrade to 2.10 and the fans start to work properly, Thanks I didnt realize about this feature in the V2.13A till you said it, Thanks dude
(I dont know how to close this thread, Im new, pls tell me how to xd)