[SOLVED] CHEAP MESH WiFi System

N7AS

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2009
CHEAP MESH WiFi System

I am thinking to upgrade to a Cheap MESH WiFi System.
Right now I am using a NETGEAR R7000 Nighthawk WiFi Router.

My main requirements for a New MESH system are:

Ability to Disable SIP ALG. I need this so my VOIP phone system will work properly. (Without this I will only get one-way audio.)
Ability to Reserve the IP address of devices.
Set DNS Servers to other than default such as 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
I need to set SSID to the same as my present router.

I would either add the MESH system to my present router or Purchase a new MESH system

Here are some that I have been looking at:
MESH WiFi Systems
TENDA MW-3 3-Pack - $92.90
TENDA MW-6 3-Pack - $129.97
WAVLINK Halo Base 3 - $129,99
Bearifi BearExtender Edge Mesh 802.11ac Wi-Fi System with BearExtender - $59.00
TP-Link Deco Whole Home Mesh WiFi System 3-Pack - $139.00
TOTOLINK T6 AC1200 Dual-Band Whole Home & Mesh Wi-Fi System 2-Pack - $79.99

Oh, Did I mention CHEAP?

Last edited:
Solution
Why do you want mesh in the first place. Exactly what feature do you think they give you.

Mesh in general is just a different name for a repeater/extender. Some but not all so called mesh systems use a slightly different method to repeat the radio signal. They still all suffer from the main problem is you now have 2 radio signals that can be interfered with or damaged.

You should never use a repeater unless there are no other options. You are trading performance for coverage.
Why do you want mesh in the first place. Exactly what feature do you think they give you.

Mesh in general is just a different name for a repeater/extender. Some but not all so called mesh systems use a slightly different method to repeat the radio signal. They still all suffer from the main problem is you now have 2 radio signals that can be interfered with or damaged.

You should never use a repeater unless there are no other options. You are trading performance for coverage.

Solution