Cheapest true 5.1/7.1 headset for gaming

May 15, 2018

Why would it be better? From what I've seen, multiple drivers are way more accurate.

julienruc

Respectable

Think of it this way. 7.1 is supposed to output sound from 7 different sides. The best way to do this is with a home theater as the 7 speakers are literally placed apart.

When you're adding 7.1 on something as small as a headset, this effect is much much less efficient. So have a simulated 7.1 will actually be much better as it'll sound more natural.

True 7.1 headsets are mostly a rip-off. The proof of this is by looking at the Razer Tiamat, which is the only true 7.1 head set I know (I know of 2 but can't remember the other brand) and they cost 200$. Whilst you can get a very very good headset for half the price. It costs 200$ because of the 7.1 which isn't that great. The sound quality for audiophiles is disappointing, and where you're spending 200$ on a headset... Whether it's intended for gaming or not, you deserve high quality sound.

May 15, 2018

Thanks! Which headset would you recommend?

Sep 26, 2018
I mean to be honest IDK what all the 7.1 surround sound stuff means but i know the corsair HS70 headphones are supposed to be pretty good

Mar 24, 2019
virtual surround is rubbish in comparison to true surround... I have both headsets with true and virtual … virtual is crap tbh …. true is far more accurate and producers so much better sound than virtual. virtual is a crappy usb sound adapter where the true is multiple 3.5 + usb for driver control...

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS