Check out the Dual Screen Acer Iconia in Action

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

nice. but ..........ehh using touchscreen = alot of fingerprint

K3vBot6000

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2010
Kind of cool but I wouldn't want one. The lack of physical keyboard and the 2.5-3 hours of battery are killers. More of a cool device than all that practical for my needs anyway.

schmich

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
I guess it's a laptop where single document typing is not its main use. As it is I have a hard time justifying it. Sure you don't have to alt-tab much to open a new folder/file but that saves you a fraction of a second...maybe even takes more time? Movies you don't need the second screen. Music one screen is also more than enough. Working is slightly helpful at best. Web browsing can be both better and worse. Having 2 documents open can be cool for a developer I guess as long as the keyboard automatically or quickly fades in/out or at least has some transparency. Maybe they'll come up with a dual-screen + keyboard laptop and in 5 years time we'll have one like that made with 3 touchscreens and so on.

[citation][nom]victorintelr[/nom]Now that's an interesting concept, my question is how long will the battery last?[/citation]
Watch the video? 2.5-3 hours. A much better question is what is the life-span of the whole device considering it's Acer. The thing might fall apart after a few months.

cartzz

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2010
to make the laptop last longer they should just have the keyboard in e-ink....but will all the functionality and then just have the normal screen above..the battery life would be much longer.

G

Didn't Microsoft recently file a Patent on just such a concept earlier this year?

Albyint

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
Thats a really cool idea, but if it was that big i dont think i could do away with the practicality and feel of having a keyboard. :-(

renixis_infinity

Distinguished
May 23, 2010
Its kind of scary typing on this one IMO
I wonder how much will this cost is my biggest question

Although its missing a stylus pen to make it a humongous DS :p

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
[citation][nom]curiousgeorgieo[/nom]Usually when you type on a keyboard you gently rest your fingers on the asdfjkl;. What happens with a touchscreen kb Hovertyping hell yeah![/citation]
Pressure sensitive?

Scoregie

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2010
In my opinion this is a brilliant concept. Who ever actually came up with this idea can really think outside the box sure it might not run games or be a bit tricky but man THE IDEA is amazing. For gaming tho it's completely impractical for both the keyboard and the 2.5-3 hours battery life. I think that in the near future or the next generation of this device that Idea should maybe use some kind of mirror or reflective concept to make the whole thing into one screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.