Check Out The PC System Requirements For 'Deus Ex: Mankind Divided'

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoredSysAdmin

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2008
and now my old mid-tier GPU is now in minimal requirements section... this is sad :( and interesting in same time as while CPU performance practically got frozen in last 5 years or so, GPU had picked up the slack and been steadily marching forward performance wise.

3ogdy

Distinguished
Hey, the real news here, according to the article, is Microsoft plans to release "Windows 7.1". We might see a return to decency, after the elephant excrement Windows 10 is. I wonder why they don't just call it SERVICE PACK 2.

Jeff Fx

Reputable
Jan 2, 2015

My old mid-tier GPU is the max requirement, but I plan to replace it with a modern card in the next month to improve VR.

boju

Titan
Ambassador

I guess these days one of the reasons as games tend to store more and more data into Vram, once that runs out buffers to system memory. If don't have enough system memory to go round, the next destination is your hdd we all know what happens then

"Minimum Specs: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 or AMD Radeon HD 7870"

^^Four year old GPUs now all but just about irrelevant for today's games at 1080p. Just an interesting observation that I had to go back and search my records on: when Dues Ex was originally released for the PC sixteen years ago in 2000, I had a Pentium III 750MHz CPU (overclocked to 866MHz) with 256MB PC133 RAM and a Riva TNT2 Ultra GPU (32MB VRAM).

In any event it's just awesome how so many old favorites we all loved are being rebooted lately.

dstarr3

Distinguished
Why are there two different storage requirements? You'd think the install size would be the same regardless of the machine. Unless there's some new tech I'm unaware of.

Can't wait until they release the gold edition with all DLC included and it hits $15 on a Steam sale or it is just bundles for that price. Until then my Steam library has such a backlog from sale items. I can wait it out. I just can't imagine paying release price plus DLC.

FlyingTripod

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2009
Makes me wonder how well my 4100mhz i3-6100 will sit in the grand scheme of things until I decide to get a 6400 down the road. This game runs DX12 so no doubt it'll be an improvement for your typical quad core and beyond but I wonder if sheer horsepower can make up for it since I can probably push it to 4500mhz along with the RAM to 2800.

Paired with a 290x, I'll be happy if I can do a combination of medium/max settings for 1080p60fps.

alextheblue

Distinguished

I'm not sure if I'd say just outside of the min reqs... since a 7870 is double a 7770. Twice the shaders, twice the bandwidth. Yeeaah. Anyway even something like a lowly RX460 (which start life at $110) would run this if a 7870 will (given the improvements to efficiency, increased clocks, and architectural tweaks that aid DX12 performance more so than old GCN). So it's not like it's too outlandish.

Anyway I for one am looking forward to this game a lot... Human Revolution was great and the previews for this one have me excited.

Well the article points out that the devs are saying to play the base game you need 45, but they're recommending 10GB more so you have room for DLC. However with that said there are games that offer very large optional high-resolution texture packs (such as Skyrim) that do eat up a large extra chunk of space if downloaded. So it shouldn't really surprise anyone these days to see different storage requirements for minimum vs recommended, for various reasons.

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
I never thought of the HD 7870 as a slow card, but my GTX 980 Ti runs circles around it. It's much faster than a simple, paper-comparison of the specs would suggest.

D

Deleted member 217926

I preordered this one and I don't do that very often. Been looking forward to it since it was announced. In my opinion The Human Revolution took game of the year over Skyrim in 2011.

RunLuke

Reputable
Dec 8, 2014
[and now my old mid-tier GPU is now in minimal requirements section... this is sad :( and interesting in same time as while CPU performance practically got frozen in last 5 years or so, GPU had picked up the slack and been steadily marching forward performance wise.]

No really, consumer CPUs are 6 and 8 core now. You can't judge them by clock.

jfkeenan

Honorable
Aug 2, 2012
i7-6700K OC'd to 4.6GHz - check
2 Titan X (Pascal) SLI - check
32GB DDR4 3200MHz - check
2.1TB SSD Storage available - check
Windows 10 64bit - check

43" 4K monitor - ok not a requirement but awesome - check.

Now I hope the game doesn't suck.

Well this is not quite a reboot rather it is a sequel to the prequel.

I am however excited for it.

3ogdy

Distinguished

That system should run the game pretty easily, at around 20FPS or so in 1080p with details on medium.
I'd add another GPU if I were you - that way you can get a solid 25FPS in 720p.
Oh, and get rid of that crappy wanna-be OS (Operating Spyware).

Status
Not open for further replies.