[SOLVED] check over this pc?

Solution
Nice build. Some considerations:
  • The board will obviously need to have the BIOS updated before usage.
  • Some have struggled to get 3600 RAM running stable on many 3rd Gen Ryzen boards, you probably won't notice a significant difference if say you went 3200 at CL16.
  • Decent PSU, there are better if your budget can stretch that'll give you much better warranty too.
  • You don't necessarily need the thermal paste if you're happy using the stock paste.
  • The 3600X is slightly better (I know, slightly) but also I believe comes with an improved cooler depending on what you want.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
  • Some have struggled to get 3600 RAM running stable on many 3rd Gen Ryzen boards, you probably won't notice a significant difference if say you went 3200 at CL16.
  • Decent PSU, there are better if your budget can stretch that'll give you much better warranty too.
  • You don't necessarily need the thermal paste if you're happy using the stock paste.
  • The 3600X is slightly better (I know, slightly) but also I believe comes with an improved cooler depending on what you want.

Solution

moltentwitch

Commendable
Sep 14, 2018
Would you say it would be better to get the 3600x or get a aftermarket cooler with the non x 3600?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I'd say that depends on what you want and how much the price difference is.
For a little price difference, you get marginally better performance and a better cooler.
If it's a reasonable price difference, then value for money would say stick to the 3600.

I opted for the 3600X myself because the difference was about £15 at the time, so the "value for money" debate wasn't overly relevant.