[SOLVED] Cherry mx brown keyboard is having a stroke? Please help.

ThemegaHG

Prominent
Mar 26, 2019
My keyboard from 6 ish months ago, just today after pressing c, just started to enter a billion inputs on its own, opening literally everything on my pc, and even in the sign-in screen to windows 10, it will just spam ok open narrator, and 1 thing to note, it repeatedly turns num lock on and off very quickly, but I can still use caps lock, and the mouse works fine, I'm typing all of this with the on-screen keyboard, so apologies if the grams terrible or its hard to understand.

Is there anything I can do to fix this???

Solution
Actually, I tried it on another computer and Its working!!!
Thank you so much for your reply!

My brother actually did spill jam on it last night, and today I pressed c and it had quite the spasmodic entry sadly.

But I'm hoping it will be fine now!!!

Thank you so much again.

Take off the key and make sure everything is clean in the keyboard, will probably need to check several areas.

This is a pretty important thing to note when asking for help, it's like going to the doctor saying you have a headache without any details and not saying that you smashed into a light pole on your bike an hour earlier.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Was there a spill or is there a foreign object inside the keyboard? If not, the best solution is to try another keyboard and if that's fine, then RMA the Cherry MX Brown one. These generally aren't user-serviceable parts, so there's not much really to do here.

ThemegaHG

Prominent
Mar 26, 2019
Was there a spill or is there a foreign object inside the keyboard? If not, the best solution is to try another keyboard and if that's fine, then RMA the Cherry MX Brown one. These generally aren't user-serviceable parts, so there's not much really to do here.

My brother actually did spill jam on it last night, and today I pressed c and it had quite the spasmodic entry sadly.

Thank you so much again.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

Thank you so much again.

Hope so! Spilling jam pretty much makes RMA a no-go since it's damage you (well, your brother) caused.

In a spill like this, always immediately clean it and do not plug in until it fully dries.

Thank you so much again.

Take off the key and make sure everything is clean in the keyboard, will probably need to check several areas.

This is a pretty important thing to note when asking for help, it's like going to the doctor saying you have a headache without any details and not saying that you smashed into a light pole on your bike an hour earlier.

Solution