China Closes Hacker Training Site w/ 180K Users

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookoy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
For failing to meet their monthly quota of hacked foreign intelligence secrets
or for getting adventurous hacking the Chinese gov't intelligence network?

Cache

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2009
This is just a minor drop in the bucket for Chinese hackers, however. It's little more than lip service to the US to show that the Chinese government is 'getting serious' about policing illegal activities in its' own borders.

r3t4rd

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
Hillary: Wa shir United States ee shoo yar ee char tsi fooking Hackers!!
Chinese Govt: Ne' er ma shore chun yee tsi ma er da fooking sher Hackers. Ne sha er tsa moo shi fooking Agent merdai con shoo.
Hillary: Tsa! Tsa! Ner yer yer American fy mer mer?

Translation:
Hillary: We the United States want you to hand over your hackers or are they eating at "Fooking Resatuarant"?
Chinese: We already arested our hackers. Our Agents are the ones eating at "Fooking Restaurant".
Hillary: Great! Great!....you old granpa chinese love american boobs?

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
They shut this thing up only to get some pressure relief regarding the whole Google thing. Now they can say: look we are ''addressing'' the issue.

sliem

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
"however it is unclear if the 170,000 members with free accounts received the same lessons and software as paid members."

What, of course not. It would be dumb.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
[citation][nom]Cache[/nom]This is just a minor drop in the bucket for Chinese hackers, however. It's little more than lip service to the US to show that the Chinese government is 'getting serious' about policing illegal activities in its' own borders.[/citation]

I agree
Ultimately it won't matter if the site is down anyhow as these 170,000 potential hackers are still 170,000 potential hackers less one web site to gain info from. If these people went as far as to seek instruction on hacking, a website being shut down will NOT stop them.

At the end of the day all 170,000 are now looking for resources elsewhere.

wildwell

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2009
[citation][nom]grieve[/nom]I agreeUltimately it won't matter if the site is down anyhow as these 170,000 potential hackers are still 170,000 potential hackers less one web site to gain info from. If these people went as far as to seek instruction on hacking, a website being shut down will NOT stop them.At the end of the day all 170,000 are now looking for resources elsewhere.[/citation]
Like Russia.

officeguy

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2009
Why would you pay money to learn how to hack? I would be concerned that if I gave my credit card or Paypal account to access the site that the people who is hosting would hack the "want-to-be" hackers. Maybe it is just me!!

wiglyworm

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
[citation][nom]Regulas[/nom]Don't you mean China has moved and hidden their hacker training center.[/citation]

From my experience with living in China for nearly 2 years ,I have to say you are 100% on the money with that statement !! haha, the love doing things in the public eye to make it "seem" as if they have done right by the people! hahaha! yeah right!

wiglyworm

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
I know that every country has their dark nook that they don't want everyone to know about, but after living all over the globe (including China) I feel that when the public (public meaning people who think FOX news is the all knowing god) then everyone on an international level will be completely put off with China's little antics.

mianmian

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
China is clearing most of the personal website with more restrictions. This "hacker training" site could be one of them. To my opinion, most of the free members are just normal people who are interested in hacking knowledge.
What I am not sure is if the law of US allows a site teaches hacking knowledge. It is interesting.

hennnry

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2009
So you poeple suddenly think it's OK to close an internet site that's about software (hacking or not, it's just software) training, but it's not OK to close sites of other things. How is this one sided so called freedom of speech and press really work in your poeple's eyes? So is it that only things you agree with should be having the freedom of press, but things you don't approve should not?

Then if you, and all of you who just left the comments here think this way, how are you truely different from the Chinese government you hate? Time and again, people prove that they don't really want freedom for things and ideas they hate, they only want freedom of what of they want and beleive. The difference though, is that some poeple is not afraid to say this, while others cower and hides behind their self rightous claims.

Status
Not open for further replies.