China Denies Internet Espionage

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

LOL, you don't expect them to admit it do you? I guess what is more alarming then Chinese hacking is the fact that they can hit "high-value" targets with an e-mail attachment. Sheesh... idiot baby boomers are undoubtedly manning the helms of those systems. ;)

oicw

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
Riiiiiight, and Western governments have never, ever, sent out any spies to foreign countries, nor were there any spy planes and spy satellites ever built. All those FBI, CIA, and other government defense and security sectors have never hacked a foreign country's computer system...

So, the Chinese are doing it too, big surprise. Just another case of a country trying to gather / control foreign intelligence, and another story of hyping things up to grab people's attention. Surely if the Cdn government hacks/trojans a China server, it'll be in the name of world peace-keeping, right?

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
I agree with oicw...

If you consider there are over 1 Billion computers on the earth.. This type of activity from government agencies should almost be expected. Our Governments have done much worse things!

baov

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009
China accusing others of propaganda is worth a good laugh. But in china's defense, they don't just deny their crimes all the time, they also boast about it most of the time too.

DeadlyPredator

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2008
Lol, and what? China is a democraty? There is no violence done to monks by chinesse army? I think it's time to cut those damn communists from internet or at least to filter them. They only want to prepare a mass disruption of western communications for an invasion.

G

We should put a firewall around China and deny them any access to the outside world. Dont give em any trade or research. The world can still function without a China.

thepinkpanther

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2004
i love it when countries deny to espionage (yay i sounded out tat word correctly), why would u admit to espionage? thats why u do it, u want no 1 to find out!

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
[citation][nom]phantomtib[/nom]We should put a firewall around China and deny them any access to the outside world. Dont give em any trade or research. The world can still function without a China.[/citation]
Certainly not without dropping us into a huge depression. Not only is Chine an economic superpower, it has a large trade relationship with the United States (the superpower of the world) which would just drop the rest of the world further.

DeadlyPredator

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2008
[citation][nom]Tindytim[/nom]Certainly not without dropping us into a huge depression. Not only is Chine an economic superpower, it has a large trade relationship with the United States (the superpower of the world) which would just drop the rest of the world further.[/citation]
The world would be better without China, no more dumping, less pollution, more jobs for western countries, more democraty, ...

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
[citation][nom]deadlypredator[/nom]The world would be better without China, no more dumping, less pollution, more jobs for western countries, more democraty, ...[/citation]
Democracy is hugely overated. Few people understand the difference between freedom and Democracy. China may do some ****ed up things, but the world economy is still hugely dependent upon it.

The world would be better if more of my fellow Americans weren't so arrogant about their patriotism, but that isn't going to change the fact that American children are told over zealous crap in school.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]Tindytim[/nom]Democracy is hugely overated. Few people understand the difference between freedom and Democracy. China may do some ****ed up things, but the world economy is still hugely dependent upon it.The world would be better if more of my fellow Americans weren't so arrogant about their patriotism, but that isn't going to change the fact that American children are told over zealous crap in school.[/citation]

China is a shipping nation. They build the crap the rest of the world doesn't want to build and they ship it. I hardly think there aren't any other countries out there that could accomplish this including the United States. Made in China, designed and sold elsewhere.

pug_s

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2003
What they neglect to mention is that this report is also sponsored by TGIE (Tibetan Government in Exile.) It is like a study published by Philip Morris telling you that cigarettes are safe.

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
[citation][nom]tayb[/nom]China is a shipping nation. They build the crap the rest of the world doesn't want to build and they ship it. I hardly think there aren't any other countries out there that could accomplish this including the United States. Made in China, designed and sold elsewhere.[/citation]
You really think if China disappeared tomorrow hundreds of smaller countries could have factories up in a day, and just fill in? Even if smaller countries could fill in the huge gap left by China, it would take a substantial about of time. We could easily sink into a world wide depression.

Status
Not open for further replies.