News China's Ubuntu Kylin Targets Second RISC-V Board

artk2219

Distinguished
I guess they're seeing how being tied to a global market for components is working out for Russia and their invasion. I'm sure they're watching very carefully and seeing how they can adjust their plans for Taiwan.

tomscomments

Prominent
May 17, 2022
I guess they're seeing how being tied to a global market for components is working out for Russia and their invasion. I'm sure they're watching very carefully and seeing how they can adjust their plans for Taiwan.

i don't think china waited for russia to see that they should work and invest on semi conductors. It is their main obcession since some years now and us's obcession to block them too. But as the two economies are dependent on each other, thinks are not that simple. That's mainsteam media who have 10 years of lateness or people not specifically knowing this particular industry. China never reacts, they plan

artk2219

Distinguished
i don't think china waited for russia to see that they should work and invest on semi conductors. It is their main obcession since some years now and us's obcession to block them too. But as the two economies are dependent on each other, thinks are not that simple. That's mainsteam media who have 10 years of lateness or people not specifically knowing this particular industry. China never reacts, they plan

I agree (also nice PLAN pun :LOL:), that being said I'm sure they've had a bit of an extra impetus to keep to their plans or maybe move up some target dates given that they've seen the worlds reaction to overt aggression, and that was for a country with no defensive pacts. If they're patient they could slow roll the entire area over the next 100 years with minimal fall out from everyone else.