stevenf12801

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2005
My 633 celeron chip has a 370 socket 100 buss speed. I've seen Pentium III's that go up to 1.4g, they use the 370 socket, I'm not sure of the buss speed. Also 1.2g PIII's 370 scoket that use 133 buss speeds. My main question is can I use a higher buss speed chip? I was just searching for info on this and found this site, It's awesome! Thanks! Steve

endyen

Splendid
Crashman is the man for this question. While waiting for him, you should go to the motherboards and chipsets forum, and read the sticky (the top post) It has some good info for you.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Your Celeron 633 has a 66.6...MHz bus speed (2/3 of 100 to be exact). You might be able to overclock it to 100MHz bus, that would push the CPU speed to 950MHz. And your board probably supports Celeron 1400's using the Lin-Lin adapter available from Compgeeks for around $8.

Now, if you gave us the board model, we could tell you more.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>