Chipset Fan cooler on Geforce DDR

G

My friend has a creative geforce pro ddr, and his fan has just about had it.
Ive tried oiling the fan with sewing machine oil (very fine), which did help, but not a lot.
What im trying to find out is where to buy another fan that comes on the original geforce 40mm x 40mm x 6mm, 12V DC, 60mA (0.06A). My geforce has a jamicon fan on it and runs fine (had to oil that too - but all was fine after that).
Im not looking to get him a blue orb cooler or anything similar, just a replacement fan (not bothered if heatsink is included)

Does anyone know of a company or website that is selling these fans?
Thanks
(from UK)

G

Gamepc.com
Check under components and case accessories. Look for
Thermaltake Blue Orb Chipset Cooler $16US
That should do the trick.

Diemos

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
You might not feel comfortable with this suggstion but I'll throw it out there just in case. If you have an old socket7 heatsink fan layin' around then you in luck, other wise you can pick one up at best buy for less than ten bucks. Most of those are just about the same size as the oem heatsink on a geforce and they last almost forever. First remove the old fan. Now clean the fanblades (they usually get real grungy) and use two very small drops of superglue to secure the "new" fan to the heatsink. Now either plug it in to the power supply or snip the connector and attach it to the card. WARNING.....compare the power specs on both fans, if the new one draws more than the old one I suggest youplug it into the power supply. I had to use this procedure on my old tnt2 ultra when its fan died, it's still working in my wifes machine. Good Luck