Choose Windows 10 or Windows 8.1 for Gaming Laptop

Ayushmaan

Honorable
Apr 22, 2013
Hi Team,

I have recently bought a Gaming Laptop(for both gaming and work) but Os needs to be installed. I have Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit CD currently with me but if I have to go for Windows 10 i'll have to buy it separately.

Is it ok to use Windows 8.1 or should I buy Windows 10. If I have to Buy Windows 10 then it should be HOME or PRO. I need to save money as much as possible.

In future if I upgrade then will it affect my system....??

Thanks. :)

Solution
Upgrade to windows 10 as the memory management of windows 10 is much more efficient than windows 8/8.1 . And the newer games are made by keeping insight the newer version of windows so it is better to upgrade to windows 10. If the memory management is poor, the games can be a bit laggy so i recommend windows 10. Cheers

if the OP still has the key for windows 8 they do not need to do that sketchy upgrade route

atomicWAR

Glorious
Ambassador
I'd prefer windows 10 as a gamer. I get wanting to save money. Soooo get the windows 10 media creation tool for win 10 pro...and load it for free. Now I know the "deal" is supposed to be over but in my experience the media creation tool still accepts new/yet to be updated windows 7/8/8.1 Keys. They may have sown it up since i last did this myself as month and a half ago...but what you have to lose but a little of your time. It is my opinion MS doesn't care because they are desperate to get their windows 10 numbers up.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

atomicWAR

Glorious
Ambassador

Exactly where i was going with it in my post...OP should see a clear path to win10 though.

So an upgrade path from Microsoft is sketchy...sure. It's a method I know works and is openly available. Unlike, try the installation and hope MS doesn't notice it's after July 29th.

that upgrade path is for people with disabilities who need access to the latest accessibility tools it it is not for every joe blow to upgrade their computer whenever they feel like it

Yet there is no kind of restriction on it, other than a vague description. As long as Win10 is gaining market-share, I doubt MS really cares, otherwise they would find some way to restrict access. While it's not advertised, it is there and open for use. I've had several clients that wanted to wait until they could see that Windows 10 wasn't another Vista or Windows 8. MS created a lot of trust issues with beta OS releases and since MS still has the upgrade available, it's not sketchy, it's using what is legally available.

Ayushmaan

Honorable
Apr 22, 2013
Actually there is a tool kit which we can use to upgrade the activated windows 7/8/8.1 to windows 10

Media creation tool. It works only if your windows is activated and all updates are installed

Jamal_7

Prominent
Jul 29, 2017
Upgrade to windows 10 as the memory management of windows 10 is much more efficient than windows 8/8.1 . And the newer games are made by keeping insight the newer version of windows so it is better to upgrade to windows 10. If the memory management is poor, the games can be a bit laggy so i recommend windows 10. Cheers

Solution