I'm searching for new GPU for my follows configuration:

Motherboard : Foxin FMB - G31
CPU : Intel Core 2 duo E6600
RAM : 4gb ddr2
Power Supply : 500W

Suggest best GPU around ₹13000 INR

Last edited:
Solution
Look, if it's not permanent then you shouldn't worry about that, you'll eventually get a gaming laptop and your performance will be hopefully good there...And a gt 520 is atleast better than integrated graphics...

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
well unfortunately your system is just really low spec so I wouldn't bother paying much money for any kind of newer budget GPU.

But here's the best you can get for your budget.

OctaBotGamer

Prominent
Apr 30, 2019
First upgrade all the other components, maybe 8gb of ddr2, core 2 quad q6700 or q6600, and then you may buy a gtx 1650, you can get a zotac one at around ₹12690 (today's price)

Aug 3, 2019
well unfortunately your system is just really low spec so I wouldn't bother paying much money for any kind of newer budget GPU.

But here's the best you can get for your budget.
Are you sure?
Because I think there will be bottleneck.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
there will most likely be a bottleneck, but don't let that buzzword confuse you, all it'll mean is that the GPU will perform as good as the rest of your hardware will let it, but it'll be there waiting to unleash it's higher potential when you get around to upgrading your CPU, MOBO, and RAM.

Because if you buy a low spec GPU that goes evenly with your current hardware and then you end up upgrading your current hardware, then the GPU will be the thing that's left needing to be upgraded yet again, and in the long run that's a waste of money.

Aug 3, 2019
there will most likely be a bottleneck, but don't let that buzzword confuse you, all it'll mean is that the GPU will perform as good as the rest of your hardware will let it, but it'll be there waiting to unleash it's higher potential when you get around to upgrading your CPU, MOBO, and RAM.

Because if you buy a low spec GPU that goes evenly with your current hardware and then you end up upgrading your current hardware, then the GPU will be the thing that's left needing to be upgraded yet again, and in the long run that's a waste of money.
Will be there any problem in light gaming, coding, etc?

OctaBotGamer

Prominent
Apr 30, 2019
Gaming like PUBG Lite, csgo
Coding means programming, android programming
And all

You'll experience a lot of frame rate drops, stutters and lag in games and in some cases the gpu may not be even able to display parts of a video game scenario, you may experience around 30-50% gpu utilisation during gaming so I prefer buying a gt 1030(cause that's what we get in India for 'cheap' budget gpus) for this build if you want it urgently or you wait and invest your money in a better pc build

Aug 3, 2019
You'll experience a lot of frame rate drops, stutters and lag in games and in some cases the gpu may not be even able to display parts of a video game scenario, you may experience around 30-50% gpu utilisation during gaming so I prefer buying a gt 1030(cause that's what we get in India for 'cheap' budget gpus) for this build if you want it urgently or you wait and invest your money in a better pc build
Planned to buy laptop after 2-3 years.
Just for now what to do?

OctaBotGamer

Prominent
Apr 30, 2019
I would prefer not overspending if you're going to upgrade now but if the 520's available then go for it
Btw if you got the choice for a gt 520 then from where did you got that? We don't get that in India (or I think)

OctaBotGamer

Prominent
Apr 30, 2019
Look, if it's not permanent then you shouldn't worry about that, you'll eventually get a gaming laptop and your performance will be hopefully good there...And a gt 520 is atleast better than integrated graphics...

Solution

OctaBotGamer

Prominent
Apr 30, 2019
If helped then please mark as best:
i) on mobile: Step 1) if on Chrome, click the 3 dots(or whatever) near the number of tabs icon and go to desktop mode. 2) tap the trophy icon near whichever answer helped you
ii) on desktop: the 2nd step on the mobile subdivision.

I wouldn't even bother with an old ultra-low-end card like a GT 210 or 520. Such cards were not really intended for gaming even back when they came out 8 to 10 years ago. They will not do a satisfactory job running any remotely recent game, and are not worth paying much for at this point. You would probably do a lot better putting that money toward something somewhat newer and not nearly as low-end. It doesn't have to be a brand new card like a GTX 1050 Ti or GTX 1650, as the performance of those would be limited by the rest of your system anyway, but I'm sure you could find some good middle-ground options available on the used market.