[SOLVED] Choosing a new power supply for an all-in-one

Jan 18, 2021
I'm trying to fix an relatively old but beautiful 2011 Aspire Z5801 All-in-one...but the power supply has crapped out. I can't for the life of me figure out an alternative psu to purchase. It came with a LiteON PS-3251-3AB. It only has a P1 10 pin and a P2 6 pin with a ground for cables. They come out of the side of it. It measures 20 cm long by 8 cm wide and 4 cm deep. I can't find anything comparable to fit inside an all-in-one. How does one go about finding an alternative or is my computer toast just because I can't find a correct power supply?

Solution
Yeah, there are no real standards. All-in-ones are essentially non-portable laptops. And since they're almost always unsuitable for real upgrades as a result, there's no real market to develop small, standard parts for them.

Probably not what you want to hear, of course, but all-in-ones are basically designed as disposable desktop PCs.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
It only has a P1 10 pin and a P2 6 pin with a ground for cables.
Problem is not only size, but these as well which are proprietary, think the advice of finding a similar pc and scavenge is likely best option. Otherwise might a pico psu maybe be an option, but that would need an external powerbrick. The pico psu's usually come however with a 24pin power connector and 4(8) pin connector for power of motherboard and cpu.

Jan 18, 2021
So there probably isn't a compatible model in any other make/brand? It's relatively difficult to source psu's for all-in-ones isn't it? Frustrating. For a desktop or even a compact or a mini, there are standard sizes to choose from. Was really hoping there was some sort of standard for all-in-ones from other manufacturers somehow that I just couldn't figure out.

USAFRet

Titan
So there probably isn't a compatible model in any other make/brand? It's relatively difficult to source psu's for all-in-ones isn't it? Frustrating. For a desktop or even a compact or a mini, there are standard sizes to choose from. Was really hoping there was some sort of standard for all-in-ones from other manufacturers somehow that I just couldn't figure out.
Absolutely no standard.
For a desktop, there is ATX. Or smaller systems, SFX.

All In Ones are strictly proprietary.

DSzymborski

Titan
Yeah, there are no real standards. All-in-ones are essentially non-portable laptops. And since they're almost always unsuitable for real upgrades as a result, there's no real market to develop small, standard parts for them.

Probably not what you want to hear, of course, but all-in-ones are basically designed as disposable desktop PCs.

Solution