Choosing a SATA 3 Cable for SSD

Dec 26, 2018
Hello. I’m trying to buy an SSD as I had to return one I got for Christmas that my motherboard doesn’t support. I would like to get an SSD that doesn’t directly connect to the motherboard but is connected to the motherboard the same way that my HDD is connected: via a SATA cable. I looked around inside my pc case but I couldn’t find another wire, only the one that my HDD uses, but there are another 3 spare slots so my motherboard does support having an HDD and SDD connected simultaneously.

For reference my motherboard is an ASUS a320m Pro-VH Plus.

When I search Google for SATA III cables there are lots of different options to choose and I can’t find any form of model names to choose from. I have taken a picture on my phone of what the slot looks like, so I can provide that if necessary. Anybody able to help me identify which cable I should buy?

Solution
SATA power comes from your PSU and your board should come with two SATA data cables.
KX3HzOz.jpg

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/45cm-scan-sata-iii-certified-6gbps-internal-cable-locking-connectors
Scan UK has cables ^
Dec 26, 2018

I think my board only came with one cable. I’ll check and see if the SSD comes with a cable or if you can buy another cable from MSI.

Dec 26, 2018

I found another cable in the box which I dug up from my garage, sorry for late reply, thanks for linking another cable and letting me know the motherboard comes with two.